LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 03-27-2005, 04:26 AM   #21
Sieger
User

Default Beautiful Lugers

Burke:

Your Lugers look nice!!!

What do the insides of the barrels look like?

The Luger is of strong design, but the design relies heavily on the proper tension and weight of its springs. Sometimes, these springs get out of spec with age.

After you have had them both checked out by someone that Smiths Lugers on a regular basis, I suggest that you shoot the living **** out of both of them!!!

You are suggesting a little more than 100 rounds per month. If you shoot the right power ammo, this shouldn't be a problem at all. If you handload, this should be an easy thing, otherwise, we can make some suggestions regarding the types and brands of ammo to shoot in them.

Enjoy one of the greatest shooting pleasures available to mankind. Shoot your Lugers!!!

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2005, 05:05 AM   #22
DougT
User

Now that's more like it! Thanks Sieger, this young man needed to hear the other side of the story. Proper working order (gun and magazine), ammo the gun likes and go for it! These things were made for real, for combat and should be enjoyed to the fullest. Besides that, they're very sweet to shoot. I shoot mine whenever I get the urge (which isn't often), but even if I go months at a time without shooting them--I know I can. They're made of steel, not rare exotic glass. Enjoy!
DougT
DougT is offline   Reply With Quote