LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-07-2002, 08:45 PM   #1
Joe KY
User

Default Estate Auction

Went to an estate auction yesterday to view 3 Lugers.

The first one up was a 1936 S/42. All numbers that could be seen matched, except the mag. The blueing was 90% and the strawing about 70%. The winning bid was $550.00, not bad.

Next up was a 1918 DWM, again all numbers that could be seen matched, except the mag. The pistol had been re-finished and COMPLETLY blued (very poor job at that). The winning bid was $800.00! I spoke to the gentleman who bought it and he told me it looked nicer than the other.

Last up on the Lugers was a Navy. I'm not sure what I was looking at. There were no chamber markings. Receiver had a grip safety. The toggle was a new style, plane with the #100 stamped at the very rear just in front of the sight. The sight was one I haven't seen either, like 2 steps up - really elevated. Also included was an original shoulder stock. Winning bid $700.00.

But what really floored me was a 22 Cal conversion kit by Erma. Kit was complete with 2 ejectors still wrapped in a brown wax paper and 100% strawing. Wooden case had the proofs as did everything else. All numbers matched. The winning bid was $40.00! (Don't ask why I didn't bid, it's a bit embarrassing. Maybe that story will be part 2)

Well, that's just a short note let people know what's going on in central Kentucky.

Everyone take care,

Joe

Unread 04-07-2002, 09:04 PM   #2
Herb
User

Default Re: Estate Auction

Wow, you just passed up a 4-500 dollar value on the conversion kit. Wish I had known about it. They are pretty rare and son't show up thet often.

Unread 04-07-2002, 09:18 PM   #3
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: Estate Auction

I see a massive movement of Luger collectors to Kentucky. It sounds like there were some real treasures here. The navy Luger was a real bargain. The original stock alone was worth the price of the gun, maybe more if it was an original navy stock. Probably a 1906 navy. Price is contingient on the condition. But about $3000 is a good off-the-wall estimate. They did not have chamber dates on them. They also had grip safeties. I would have to know more to comfirm. But from your description, it could also have been an obsolete 1904 Navy that is worth maybe $8000. Not likely, but possible.

The seller made out on the 1918 DWM as you suspected. But the $550 on the 1936 was a good buy for the buyer. It just goes to show that you never know just where the treasures are going to show up.

Big Norm

Unread 04-08-2002, 12:21 AM   #4
66mustang

Default Big Norm, I thought the prices sounded pretty good

Unread 04-09-2002, 01:33 AM   #5
Big Norm
RIP

Default Yah! I sure would have liked to have been there :</strong>
			</div>
			<hr size=