LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 01-15-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
Big Norm
RIP

Default Outdoor TV Channel

A very nice lady friend of mine asked me to vote for a relative of hers who is trying to get elected for a show on the Outdoors TV Channel. His name is Joel Piatek and he is a finalist in this contest. This has nothing to do with Lugers, but I thought that since many of us here are outdoors people, that I would just ask all of you for a favor and vote for him. You can vote at:

http://outdoorchannel.com/wyofs.cfm?site=1

I expect to receive no financial or other gain from this. I am just doing it as a favor to a real nice lady. Thanks a lot guys.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2006, 04:03 PM   #2
c3006
User

Done
Unread 01-15-2006, 05:04 PM   #3
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts
Default Re: Outdoor TV Channel

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Norm
I expect to receive no financial or other gain from this. I am just doing it as a favor to a real nice lady. Thanks a lot guys.
Big Norm
I voted, however, big Norm, uh, somehow it makes me "wonder"... "...or other gain from this"
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2006, 05:24 PM   #4
Big Norm
RIP

Ed,
Naw, she is very nice and I worked with her a few years ago. But she made the serious mistake of beating me badly at racquetball. She was an 'A' player in a womans league and I was a 'Z' player. So she beat me like 21-1, 21-4 and 21-2. I have never forgiven her for that. That evil monster loved every minute of it too. I should marry her just to get even.
Big Norm
Unread 01-16-2006, 08:41 AM   #5
Ron Smith
User

Norm,

I would wonder, who was getting even....?

Also , what other non-financial gains were garnered...
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2006, 11:28 AM   #6
Big Norm
RIP

Ron,
Hee! Hee! Nothing going on. The one and only time that I went to her house, she gave me all sorts of projects to do. I guess that you married guys call them "honey-do" jobs. This was a brand new house, so she had many little jobs to do. Then she ordered a delivery pizza for dinner. Not exactly the kind of dinner that I expected after all the work that I did. So I don't even know if she knows how to cook. But I did make her promise that I would get a nice baked fish dinner if Joel won. I never do a good job on fish so that would be a treat to me. But, knowing this gal, she probably would get Joel to pay for it. Women are good at getting guys to pay for stuff.

I never forgot that time that she beat the beegeebers out of me on the racquetball court. I have never dated an atheletic woman since.
Big Norm
Unread 01-17-2006, 05:49 AM   #7
jamese
User

Hey Norm,

I don't mind giving the guy my vote, but I hate filling in my name, address, e-mail etc.....I get enough junk mail and spam already.
Unread 01-17-2006, 10:40 AM   #8
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Norm, I know what you mean about getting beat like that...

When I was 25 years younger I was asked for a racquetball match by a fellow soldier that I only knew well enough to nod at when we passed on the street... I had arrived early for my match and my intended match partner wasn't there yet so I said sure... I was what I considered to be rather good within my group of friends, usually not having to pay for drinks afterwards, so I went into the court pretty cocky... I served first... and it was the only ball I served for the whole first game...he beat me 21-1, at the end of the second game (21-2) he started running around the perimeter of the court before we started game three... I asked him what he was doing and his answer was that he was trying to break sweat!

At the end of the third game (21-1)... he said, "want me to buy to a ticket so you can watch the game?"

I was never cocky about my game again after that... and he and I played often enough to keep me humble and him laughing...

It was a great way to relax... but I haven't played in years...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2006, 06:36 PM   #9
Big Norm
RIP

John,
you got it babe! I really wasn't a hot shot on the courts but this lady was, shall I politely say...pudgy. I only played racquetball for exercise but I thought that this female office worker would be a push over. When it was all over, she laughed at me as only a woman can do when she beats an arrogant male. This reminds me of a time that I played pool with a guy who only had one arm. I broke and didn't get anything in. That was my last shot for the evening.

Jamese,
this seems like a reputable company and they say that they will destroy everything submittted at the end of the contest. This is stated at the bottom of the ballot. But I understand your concern and I will not hold it against you. A lot of strange things happen on the computer. But everytime you eat a fish dinner, you will be reminded of me and the fish dinner that I didn't get. And when you die, if you get stuck some place where there are some really big fires that never go out, I had nothing to do with it. I am totally innocent. Just joking. I really won't hold it against you, or anyone else, if you choose not to vote. The forum is family and I don't hold grudges against family. In reality, I will never know who voted and who didn't. I thank everyone for even considering voting.
Big Norm
Unread 01-19-2006, 10:29 AM   #10
trigger643
User

Jamese, Yahoo Email is Free. Set up an account for these situations, this morning I had 154 junk mailers. I also use my next door neighbor's address for stuff like this, as his dog's leavings on my lawn deserve a little retribution.

Vote done.

trigger643 is offline   Reply With Quote