LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Unread 07-26-2005, 06:10 PM   #1
LPmike
User

Default Artillery Luger my first one

just got my first Artillery Luger, wanted one for a long time. This is what I got. It is a DWM 1917 SER#58xx, almost 100%, mag is numbered but not matching, close. bore is new, almost like it came from the factory yesterday.Complete stock matching gun. The leather boot that protects the lug iron is marked Maury & Co. , Offenbach/M 1915. The holster is diffrent from what I have seen posted as this is a soft shell pig skin holster maker is MARS, Berlin, 1915 complete with take down tool and cleaning rod.What is this rig going for these days price wise?
LPmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2005, 11:05 AM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

LPmike, welcome to the Lugerforum..,.and congrats on the ownership of such a Luger. Before anyone hazards a guess at value, let me invite you to post some clear focus closeup photos so that a monetary evaluation can be more accurate.

Your description of condition, while encouraging, is still very subjective. Photos tell a much more accurate story.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2005, 01:17 PM   #3
mauro
FIREARM HISTORIAN AND AUT

Hello LPMike,
Welcome to the Luger Forum.
Your holster is very interesting and rare as well.
In fact, the Mars holster and the EUGEN HUBER MILITAR-EFFEKTEN MUNCHEN (usually also marked AWM/1/15) are the rarest.
You can find a description of these holsters, together with some other info about LP08, in my Luger LP08 web site.
Please have a look and let me know.
Ciao
Mauro

www.lugerlp08.com

Unread 07-27-2005, 02:46 PM   #4
Big Norm
RIP

LPMike,
it sounds like you have a problem. As John Sabato says, your description of your artillery sounds encouraging. But...your holster is, as Mauro says, a highly collectible holster. If its in good condition, it may be worth as much as the gun.Congradulations! Now what do you do with it. You have genuine collectible stuff with that holster.Do you use it or do you put it someplace that you would store something very valuable and historic?

I have the same predicament in that I have a 1914 artillery holster with excellent markings. But my markings are on the inside of the top flap on the bare leather. Using that holster would virtually eliminate the markings after a while.

Personally, I not only would like to see pictures of your LP-08 but also a number of pictures of your holster and any leather attachments that you may have.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2005, 04:01 PM   #5
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,528 Times in 787 Posts

LPmike, no one can help you with answers to your questions until you either answer your private messages or post photos. Be aware that the more aloof you remain, the more reluctant those who have the answers become.
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2005, 06:11 PM   #6
LPmike
User

I will try and get some pic's of the complete rig and try and post them. Thanks for all the help.
LPmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 02:44 AM   #7
mauro
FIREARM HISTORIAN AND AUT

Hello,
Please find hereafter some photos of MikeĆ¢??s rig. The soft Mars holster is really interesting but demonstrates its 90 years.

To see some other photos of Mars holster with additional info you can see my web site in the Holster area ( www.lugerlp08.com ).

Have fun.
Ciao
Mauro