LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 06-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default Mauser post war mag..

Up till now, I thought I'd seen most all the possible variations of post war Mauser Parabellum mags... by'n'large characteristically, poor blue or black epoxied type finish on shell, coarse checkered follower button in the white.. small brass spring follower cap.. very strong spring, and cheap plastic bottom, which, self destructs with out any warning, usually in storage... The "Made in Holland" varity differ's in the spring being weaker and consisting of several more coils then any other P.08 mag spring before or since... Well tonight I disassembled one, a Mauser Banner marked mag., I received from one of my forum member friends and found it to be a bit different then what I've seen consistantly up til now??? The differences being, the spring, although dimensionally the same as the heavy spring, was several thousands less in wire dia. right between a normal mag spring and the strong ones usually found in the Mauser mag.. The brass spring follower cap was a slight bit different, I would suppose to fit and function with the now different inside spring dia.... and the follower button was a much finer checkering?? all original, but certainly different... Also, a'ways up on the rear spine, the number 7 was lightly stamped.. prior to the finish application... As we've seen posted before.. I think making these guns work might have been quite a trying ordeal after all... If I was shooting one, I would certainly try to decern if a particular Mauser parabellum worked on the soft side, or the bear strong side, of the magazing spring pressure... I'm still looking for some Mauser mags to complete my quest.. Best to all, til...lat'r....GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote