LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 08-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #21
CAP Black
User

Location: Fairmont, WV Right here in Mountaineer country and God's country

Tony, Tom Heller provided some very solid advice. Lots of others should also heed it. I can't tell you how many guns that I have purchased and that were grimy, dirty and a little rusty inside from neglect. A little elbow grease and oil is an easy prevention to that problem - along the way, as a part of responsible ownership (stewardship).
thanks
Jack
CAP Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 11:46 PM   #22
Tony Min
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP Black View Post
Tony, Tom Heller provided some very solid advice. Lots of others should also heed it. I can't tell you how many guns that I have purchased and that were grimy, dirty and a little rusty inside from neglect. A little elbow grease and oil is an easy prevention to that problem - along the way, as a part of responsible ownership (stewardship).
thanks
Jack
Yes that is why I bought this one. I didn't see serious pitting and it looked to me as well it would clean up real nice. We can't all buy perfect condition guns and I was looking for a bit of a project. The first thing I always do is disassemble and clean and scrub and oil. That is the fun of it for me. I like the mechanics of how guns go together and get them in perfect working condition. Working on them is almost more fun than shooting them. Well, not really. I shoot what I collect and I only collect what I can shoot.
This one will be my oldest gun yet.
Tony Min is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Tony Min for your post:
Unread 08-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #23
alvin
User

This Luger is shootable, that's an advantage. If some small parts break in shooting, then, need to find replacement parts, then, starts another cycle of searching on market. In this process, lots of fun. Also, would find the strong and weak points of the gun, understand it from user's angle. That's great experience IMO.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote