LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 04-02-2023, 06:55 PM   #61
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by day late View Post
With regard to the last two responses.

rhuff, you mention a "felt bob". The rouge I'm very familiar with, but I'm wondering if we are calling the same thing by two different names. I'm thinking of a cone shaped piece of felt. They come in varying sizes to be used for polishing different things in the dental world. Is that by chance what you refer to? If so, they and the rouge are already in the garage.
Felt bobs come in many different shapes and sizes and are designed to fit in a Demel type tool for polishing. They are quite common, and do a very nice job.
Need DWM breechblock #21
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2023, 10:25 AM   #62
LeoClarke
New User

The weapon's components will obviously need to be replaced or repaired.
LeoClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2023, 02:21 AM   #63
day late
User

Sorry it has taken so long to get back here. I don't get to the range as often as I'd like. It does seem I'm on the right track. After firing last time and having the problem, I used a .30 bore brush with a little solvent in the chamber. With the amount of rust and dirt I've gotten out of this thing so far, it seemed a fair bet that there was some varnishing in the chamber. That could cause the problem. I got a chance to do some shooting today, and the jams are much less frequent. I gave it another good cleaning today. Hopefully that will bring an end to that problem and let me address the last two. Without knowing if this was going to work I've been buying parts one at a time, so to speak. The only remaining parts to be replaced are the hold open lever and the spring for it. The other problem is still that loose safety. I've got to find a way to get the pin out so I can remove, inspect, and/or replace the safety.
day late is offline   Reply With Quote