LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 01-08-2023, 02:22 PM   #1
Dominator8811
New User

Exclamation Magazine Issues

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I have this 1936 Luger here, and I'm having some difficulty with aftermarket magazines getting stuck inside it.
The issue seems to be in the upper part of the mag well, at and above the mag release button. I've noticed the whole back side of the mag well is bent or has a distinct angle change to it, and I was wondering, is this is normal, like a feature to help seat the magazines? I've included a photo with a straight edge showing the distinct bend or gap along the bottom of the ruler.
If anyone can let me know how to correct the issue of my magazines getting jammed in there and not coming out too, I'd very much appreciate it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230107_171143.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	86313  

Dominator8811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2023, 05:52 PM   #2
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,579 Times in 988 Posts
Default bad bend!

Hi Dominator8811, that is a bad bend in a bad place, you are going to need an arbor press or the equivelent, and make up some supporting fixtures to press it back. In short, you'll neet to support/suspend it from both ends horizontally, and make a U shapped yoke to straddle the frame, and press on a cross piece at the area of the bend? It will be tricky as the frame may not want to bend where you plan, so some adjustment and flexibility in the fixture will be required? Constant measuring as you progress will be important as well, so you'll need to make some type of, "GO" "NO-GO" gauge as well...
Most of the time, 99% of the time, they are bent the other way? I think yours is bent in the easiest way in order to repair... Good luck, best, til.....lat'r....GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to G.T. for your post: