LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Unread 03-19-2009, 05:47 AM   #41
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Kane View Post
Is there any way to fix this?
Morg -

I think there is a way. I would call it a "Tarantula Clamp" (from the movie "Purple Hearts").

Picture a 3" square block of 1" thick steel. Drill/ream a hole through the middle, same diameter as the barrel section to be 'fixed'. Now drill 4 holes lengthwise through all 4 corners, say 7/16" dia. Saw the block through the center into 4 equal parts. It should now look like a square pie, with 4 pieces. Chamfer all edges, and insert four Grade 8 bolts in the long 7/16" holes. Grease the center up good; grease the barrel. Assemble the Tarantula Clamp on the bulge. Start tightening the bolts sequentially.

I think this will work. I plan on trying it soon.
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #42
RWS
User

Please don't make experiments on your guns. The worst it could happen is to blow them up, if a shooter you would be lucky just blowing it up. Old and collectible guns weren't made with new steels so not only your gun would be in danger but your hands.

I knew a shooter that was proud to fire 9x19 in his pretty Astra 400, designed for 9mm Largo, much more powerful than 9x19. He blew it up and had several injuries not only in his hand.

If you can't find the proper ammo please learn how to reload it, everything is reloadable.
RWS is offline   Reply With Quote