LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Unit Markings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 05-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
GoodOlDave
User

Default Are these even unit markings?

Hi all! I was told that you fine folks are the ones to bring this question to..my father brought a Luger home from the war that I inherited after his passing, and now that this is a family heirloom it would be nice to know if this thing could be identified from the markings.

It has 1911 on the receiver, with a crazy arabic looking scribble on the top of the toggle (which I've been told elsewhere is the logo for DWM) and on the grip there is stamped-

19.T.S.1.166

Each part of the ID are different sizes. The T is largest, then the S, then the 19 and the 1 being more or less equal size, then 166 being the smallest.

Other than the magazine all part numbers match. I don't see any Nazi markings on it, though, which puzzles me since it was my understanding Nazi Germany stamped everything from weapons to fountain pens with the swastika. Unless I'm missing it somewhere?

Can anyone give me any information on this thing? Thanks for anything you can provide.
GoodOlDave is offline   Reply With Quote