LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Unread 04-17-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
George_F
User

Default Value of Mauser Parabellum?

Hey all, I would like to bring one of my Lugers to the range but I am in a conundrum. Sadly my father did an excellent job of collecting firearms and left me with about five Lugers of various lineages. Models from WW1 up to S/42. The sad part is that none of them are in mediocre shape - all have matching numbers - and I am reluctant to decrease the value of them should an 'incident' occur.

He also left me two of the Interarms imports, both of which are new in the box. Instinctively I would go for one of these instead, but their 'NIB' status also has me gunshy.

I dont have exact specs on my Lugers right now, but will get more later.

Anybody have any advice on which direction to go with this meager amount of info?

Thanks!
George_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2007, 12:07 PM   #2
zinfull
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Do yourself a favor and buy a import shooter for $600 and enjoy the gun. Do not shoot NIB, if you want to shoot the new lugers sell or trade down. Of course if you do shoot the nib then mine will be worth a little more.
enjoy the guns

jerry
zinfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #3
George_F
User

Hahahaha, thanks! Sadly my ability to purchase new firearms is limited - and at this venture I would be better served buying $600 worth of ammo or reloading supplies.

But thanks much for the input. Generally I am against items being 'safe queens' but age and 'mintiness' are powerful persuaders.
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
HardBaller
User

Just a thought sure to elicit howls from the community but...most manuals and reference books regarding Herr Luger's masterpiece invariably list that these marvels were made to shoot. I do understand the powerful allure of a "mint" specimen but...be sane and try them out. You will LOVE them all the more.

Just my unsolicited .02 and sorry for your loss but congrats on what sounds like a nice herd.

Tim
Houston, TX
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #5
HardBaller
User

Just a thought sure to elicit howls from the community but...most manuals and reference books regarding Herr Luger's masterpiece invariably list that these marvels were made to shoot. I do understand the powerful allure of a "mint" specimen but...be sane and try them out. You will LOVE them all the more.

Just my unsolicited .02 and sorry for your loss but congrats on what sounds like a nice herd.

Tim
Houston, TX
Unread 04-19-2007, 12:48 PM   #6
George_F
User

I think I'm with you on this. I havent had chance to go through all the models, but I will take the least appealing version out to the range for next shoot. Going through the safe I realized I had two P-38's and not just one, so the P-38 goes to the range tonight.
Unread 04-19-2007, 05:20 PM   #7
Augsburger
User

I would go with one of the Interarms. If the others are truly collector quality, (hard to tell w/out pics or moderator opinion) they will significantly decrease in value if a part breaks. Also, the least appealing gun does not always mean the least valuable. The NIB Interarms will certainly decrease in value a bit if fired, but these guns are tack drivers, are modern, and made to shoot. I have one that I've put over 1200 rounds through without noticeable wear and it is completely reliable. Break one out, go blasting, have fun, and get your Luger shooting fix with the Interarms.....MHO