LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Announcements & Help > Site Announcements

Unread 04-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #1
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default A Special Gift to the children in Haiti....

I'm always a bit humbled and overwhelmed when folks step forward to support our 501(c)3 - Project Rennwish. And this month - just a little bit moreso... Let me explain....

Over the years, we have built an orphanage, a few schools, have scholarship programs for those who show real desire to succeed, foster Mothers and foster children in their care, a number of street boys, etc...

Honestly - it has been the centerpiece to any success I've enjoyed through my life and far surpasses anything I could claim as being "as my success" for it more to the credit of those who shared those same dreams, visions and supported the success of our programs. So to each and all of you - simply "Thank You"...

As many of you know, the orphanage and the schools are now self-sustaining, as our mission wasn't to operate them, but rather "build them" and turn them over to the Pastors to maintain them into perpetuity. And for that Pastors Andre and Pastor Vilnor have done an amazing job. The orphanage cares for nearly 100 children and adolescents both living at the facility as well as those others from area villages.

The schools? Are amazing. Pastor Vilnor has over 300 full time students - from pre-school through 11th grade, and it is now in it's fifth year of operation (has it really been that long??!) and we've had over two-hundred graduations - and several have progressed into the University with the Scholarship Program Rennwish has in place...

While we are still involved with the schools/orphange - it is to ensure that standards are being maintained, raise funds or be the "fail safe", so we are still involved - but in a different way then the actual "construction", as it were...

Lastly - each and every month - we do support a group of older ladies who care for youngsters in our care. The monthly amount depends on needs - school, food, cloths, medical expenses - etc. Some months (school entry fees, books) it can be as much as $1000 and some months - quite less - roughly $450 - $500...

Which leads me up to this month - which is special - in many ways... And I just wanted to say "Thank You" to a very special couple on this forum. Last month, they made a donation in Memory of their daughter, and wanted her to be recognized in some special way... To their wishes - here is what I just sent to Denise (Denise is my "sister" in Haiti who is my "right hand" for the foster Mothers/children)..

Here is what I wrote:

Bsr Denise. Jodia m'ap voye ou de $500 dola, kontwole #XXXXX a WU pou manman yo ak tout pitit li nan mwa sa a pou lekol yo, toiles ak kek ladan pou nou manje. Mwa sa a yon ti kras espesyal paske mesye et madam Lyon fe l'fe nou konnen, pa bliye pitit fi yo. Rele l'se Kathryn Ann et li va viv ak Bondye ak Jezi, li pral domi pran nou, moun nan peyi Dayiti a l'kado espesyal pou yo. Tanpri, de madanm mwen, mesye & madam Lyon yo ak m - yon gwo anbrase mwa sa a pou tout moun yo ak manman yo de Kathryn Ann. Fre ou nan Etazini - John

Now - that might not mean much - but, I'm hoping this does:

Good afternoon, Denise. Today I send you $500 USD control #XXXXXX from WesternUnion for the mothers and all the children for this month for their schools, cloths and some for food. This month it is a little special because a Mr. and Mrs. Lyon do it to have you know and remember their daughter. Her name is Kathryn Ann and she goes to live with God and Jesus and will be watching the children in Haiti through her special gifts to them. Please, from my wife, Mr. and Mrs. Lyon and me - a big hug this month to all the children and the mothers from a special gift to remember Kathryn Ann. Your brother in the USA, John

Bill....

Simply....

Thank you, my friend.

John Dunkle
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 16 members says Thank You to John D. for your post:
Unread 04-01-2014, 04:53 PM   #2
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

And this is the reply from Denise.

Bill - Denise wanted me to be sure you had a copy of this....

Quote:
Bsr jhon mw salyew nan non jezi kri, kòmanw ye kòman fanmi an ye? Nou kontan anpil pou pitit fiw bondye ba ou nou pap bliye nou nan lapriyè nou voye salitasyon pou nou spesyalman pou pitit fi nou an nou swete bondye beni fanmi an avèk pitit fi nou an poul grandi nan la krent de dye.ke bondye beni nou
Translation:

Good afternoon John. I greet you in the name of Jesus Christ, how are you and your family? We are so happy for what the Son of God does through this (gift), and know that we will not forget her in our prayers and in particularly the prayers for all daughters. Let's hope God blesses all the families with daughters like her to overcome all our fears. God Bless you.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 members says Thank You to John D. for your post:
Unread 04-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #3
wlyon
Lifer 2X
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,516 Times in 939 Posts

Thank you John/Jen. We couldn't ask for more than that!! Blessings. Bill and Mary
Unread 04-01-2014, 10:41 PM   #4
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,087 Times in 1,423 Posts

Bill, You and Mary are great people and Ellie and I are proud to call you Friends. Very kind and thoughtful of you to be so generous. If anyone can use your gift to the best advantage it's John's orphanage. Thanks to the both of you and John.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 members says Thank You to lugerholsterrepair for your post:
Unread 04-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #5
wlyon
Lifer 2X
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,516 Times in 939 Posts

Jerry and Ellie
Thank you. Your friendship has helped us over some rough spots the last couple years. Nice to have friends like you. Bill and Mary
Unread 09-26-2016, 11:00 AM   #6
CAP Black
User

Location: Fairmont, WV Right here in Mountaineer country and God's country

I need a reminder on how to make my annual support donation.
Jack
CAP Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2016, 10:40 PM   #7
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,487 Times in 2,071 Posts

upper right - then write a note to John D after sending via paypal - check - etc
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2016, 11:06 PM   #8
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

Ed is much too modest.

Rennwish has a web site -

http://rennwish.org/

And is a tax-deductible 501(c)(3) organization -

Project Rennwish is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation dedicated to changing the lives of children and families in need by providing food, shelter, clothing, education, and medical assistance.

Rennwish accepts PayPal at their site or donations can be made by check -

Send a Check:
Please make all checks payable to: Project Rennwish, Inc.
and send it to:
Project Rennwish, Inc. c/o WGSS Ventures
149 Cutts Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801 USA

Or, as Ed pointed out, donations can be sent directly to the President of Rennwish, Mr John Dunkle.
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote