LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 07-11-2002, 05:23 PM   #1
George Mezalis
New User

Post Greenie

Hi! I'm new to this game but have always loved Lugers for their beauty and engineering. After owning and shooting a myriad of weapons over the years I finally bought my first serious(?) Luger from Ralph Shattuck - an 8" engraved artillary 9mm in near mint condition. the piece has obviously been shot since the bore shows some signs of pitting (plenty of rifling left, though). Right or wrong, I intend to shoot the gun before retirring it to a display case (I just feel there's not much sense in owning any gun if you can't shoot it). My initial questions are these: who is a good supplier for Luger parts (firing pins, mags, etc.) and is there anyone selling genuine ivory (or excellent repro ivory) grips and is there anyone known who can do a superlative job of either carving or scrimshawing same? Glad to be part of the 'club' and thanks in advance.
George Mezalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2002, 06:07 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts
Talking

Welcome George!

I have the problem of wanting to shoot my guns also. Have resisted on one and not another.

Anyway, you see Ivory grips or fake ones on the auction sites E-Bay.com, Auctions Arms, & Gunbroker.com every now and then.

You can do an internet search for the same thing and you "might" get a tickle from someone on the forum!

Lots of people sell Luger parts, Numrich Arms, Sarco, Tom Heller, etc., there are links on the left frame under links & resources at the homepage www.lugerforum.com , [img]wink.gif[/img]
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2002, 06:33 PM   #3
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
George, how about posting some photos of your 'new' Luger? We would love to see it.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote