LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
charon041
User

Default Help Needed

Hi Everyone:
I have a DWM American Eagle grip safety 9mm Luger, #380XX. The gun is absolutely beautiful but is driving me crazy. It has been tuned by a very prominent Luger gunsmith who swears he has test fired it and it works perfectly. However, it refuses to feed, jamming every second round. I have sent it back to him three times and have finally given up.
I have 5 magazines for this gun, all originals. Three have been rebuilt, springs and bases replaced, etc. The other two are East German milled magazines that look brand new. They have not been tuned. The gun will not work with any of them.
The strange thing is that when I cycle the gun by hand every round feeds perfectly from every magazine. But when I shoot the gun I get constant feed jams. Sometimes the rounds ride up at a 45 degree angle with the bullets above the chamber, and sometimes the action cycles and the bolt closes on an empty chamber.
I have tried all kinds of ball ammo, mostly Winchester White Box 115 grain and NATO 124 grain. Nothing works.
Can anyone help me out?
TIA,
Phil
charon041 is offline   Reply With Quote