LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Holster Forum

Unread 09-04-2002, 06:43 PM   #1
Doug G.
User

Red face Bad story bad holster!

The stories get even better! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [quote]
This is a WW II German Luger holster. This is a vet bring back. He said that he had to cut it off the German officer when he found it near Berlin. <hr></blockquote>
EBAY HOLSTER AUCTION
Unread 09-04-2002, 06:55 PM   #2
ken d
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

In his haste to cut it off he slipped and cut the magazine pouch off too??

Ken D
ken d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2002, 06:57 PM   #3
Joe KY
User

I'll bet that's one of those pro-to-type holsters used by that Ultra Secret Unit (USU) that was stationed near Berlin during the war, may have been part of the Potsdam mission.

What da ya think?

Joe
Joe KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2002, 10:20 PM   #4
Roadkill
User

This "cut off" thing comes up occasionally, I've talked to a lot of vets, if the "donor" was alive they dropped all gear at a safe distance, if dead they would cut the belt after tying a rope to the donor and dragging him to insure no explosives present, belts were more accessible than holster
straps. Helmet straps were the most often cut because it was the quickest way to get it off a "seasoned" donor without getting to close and personal.

RK
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2002, 10:29 PM   #5
Garfield
User

"And if you put your tooth under your pillow....".
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2002, 10:29 PM   #6
Heydrich
Banned

He should have let me write his description:

“This is a WW II German Luger holster. This is a vet bring back. He said that he had to cut it off the German officer when he found it near Berlin. This officer was Martin Bormann who was trying to escape the Fuhrer Bunker at the time. The vet killed Bormann with his bare hands. Using Bormann’s Nazi dress dagger (which was an engraved gift from Joseph Goebbels) he cut the holster from the dead body. The holster contained a Gestapo Luger. Commonly called a black widow Luger today because of the black plastic grips, but this is a misnomer. They were all actually used by the Gestapo. Bormann was not in the Gestapo, so he must of stole it from Himmler before he left the bunker. At least that’s what the vet told me. And he’s the one who brought it back. I am trying to thin out my WW II collection, so look at my other auctions if you would like. I’m also selling Rudolf Hess’ parachute, some of Goering’s model trains and Rommel’s genuine desert goggles. All vet bring backs of course. They are the ones who brought them back. Buyer to pay shipping. Any questions? Just ask!”

How does that sound?
Heydrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2002, 03:05 PM   #7
ken d
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

This vet was a cowboy and knew the quickdraw craze was about to hit the U.S.-- obviously no need for a holster flap.

Ken D
ken d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2002, 03:24 PM   #8
Roadkill
User

There was a History Channel on a few weeks ago about the role of the NCO, lots of WWII pictures, standard fare, what caught my attention was the 82nd boarding for D day, there was a trooper with a Luger in a belt holster with the flap cut off. Nice clear shot. He had it on the right side wearing it up high on his belt.

RK
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote