LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 05-09-2002, 10:08 AM   #21
tom
User

Default Re: 1918 Erfurt value?

Sorry Lonnie, but they were all proofed. It was a German Military Specification and is well documented. It would have required a Revisions Comission approval on EACH individual pistol to deviate from the spec.

Unproofed grip screws are simply replacements added by unit armorers or subsequent owners.

Unread 05-09-2002, 11:47 AM   #22
BCC

Default WOOA folks, be careful with what you put out!

Please re-read Tom Heller's and some of the other comments unde his. I rarely talk in absolute terms when addressing what HAS to be one way or another, But believe me when I say that Erfurt did in FACT stop proofing grip screws around 1917. The regulations cited were published much earlier and apparently the later amendment regs have never been found or published. Forget about proofed grip screws on MOST post 1916 Erfurts and focus on the finish of these screws matching the rest of the pistol. A 1917 or 1918 Erfurt with un-proofed screws is correct.

Unread 05-09-2002, 01:16 PM   #23
JDH
New User

Default Thanx to all.

You've been a great help. With any luck, it'll still be available. I'll post how it turns out. Thanx again.

Regards,

JDH