LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Swiss Lugers

Unread 09-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #21
acastell
User

Hello all...I submitted this post a while back and enjoyed very nice feedback on my newly acquired Luger.

I am planning to thin the herd a bit and this is one of my candidates for resale...that said, I have a few interested parties how have asked how I arrived at my price. I explained that my price is what I feel the gun is worth to me...in other words, for anything less, I would simply keep the gun....

So, in an effort to give 3rd party reference, can anyone weigh in with their thoughts on pricing my gun...please spare no effort to try not to hurt my feelings...this should be a simple estimate, of course sight unseen except for the pics...

I asked the 2 folks to post here and ask...they felt that since it is my gun and I already had a post, that I should post...they will read all the responses as welll....

That said, I appreciate your off the cuff estimates...and again, this is just a reference point for these or future buyers...
acastell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #22
Imperial Arms
Banned

Hello Andy,

I suppose that you would find a better price for your M1900 Swiss Military Luger in Europe instead of the US because such a military pistol could only be imported by a licensed dealer (not to be confused with a FFL dealer who cannot import military pistols) and the licensed importer would probably have to stamp the pistol after it arrives in the US. Commercial Lugers do not experience this kind of problem with importation. If you are considering to sell this item in Europe, I might be able to help you find a good home for it.

Cheers,
Albert
E-mail: imperialarms@att.net
Imperial Arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #23
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts

Andy,
Given the early serial number, outstanding condition and accesssories, your Swiss Luger is comfortably in the $10,000 range (off the cuff!). Since you do not have a location in your profile, is Albert correct that the gun is currently in Europe? If so, the considerations that Albert mentioned could impact its sale in the US.
Unread 09-11-2009, 09:51 AM   #24
acastell
User

Thank you for the feedback...I am in California, SF Bay Area.

Ron, that is remarkable...I am asking 10K...

Albert...if these transactions do not pan out, I may take you up on your offer...I have a few guns for sale, this being the only Luger. If the others sell first, then the Luger stays with me.

I am letting the buying market decide what I sell as I cannot decide...

Many thanks...!
Unread 09-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #25
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Call me a skeptic! Whenever I see one this old, this nice, with all new looking accessories, I think restoration. I know of at least 2 restorers capable to doing work, that 99% of us could not tell from original issue. Of course, the Swiss & the Dutch had regular Factory restoration programs, so it could be one of those. So I guess that it's what every "mint freak" is looking for. TH
Unread 09-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #26
acastell
User

You never know...I too raised my brow to this when I saw it...there were just so many tell tales that lead me to believe it was not, at least a recent, resto...perhaps a Swiss early, early resto, which I would be able to discern the differnce....in which case, I am OK with that...
Unread 09-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #27
acastell
User

Still early here in Ca...I meant to write:

'...perhaps a Swiss early, early resto, which I would NOT be able to discern the difference'
Unread 09-12-2009, 10:06 PM   #28
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

acastell,

You can edit your own posts by using the 'pencil/paper" icon at the bottom right edge of the post. That way when you make an error in typing and find it after you hit the Post Quick Reply button - you can fix it without creating a new post in the thread. Most folks wouldn't know you changed anything

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote