LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Navy Lugers

Unread 04-10-2023, 11:26 PM   #1
barr44
User

Default Rear Site replacement on 1917 Navy Luger

I have an old 1917 Navy Luger that for whatever reason has had the rear site removed from the back toggle.
I am wondering how one might replace the back site on a Navy Luger. I can't see any thing that indicates how the rear site would
have been attached. I do see the grooves on each side of the rear
toggle assembly, but don't see anything that would indicate how the site would have been held in place.
I have another 1917 Navy Luger, but I don't see anything that would indicate how the site is attached. It will slide back and forth when the side button is depressed, but comes to a hard stop when in the full back position.
I have another rear Navy toggle with the site coming in the mail and plan on trying to remove the site from it and putting it on my Navy, since my Navy has mostly all matching numbers.
If any one has any ideas as to how to remove one of these sites and
place it on another toggle assembly, I would appreciate any info forth coming. Thanks barr44
coming.
barr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2023, 12:08 PM   #2
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,579 Times in 988 Posts
Default Navy stuff

Hi Bar44, it is not too hard to swap out parts, having them fit properly is another matter all together! But as for your question as to what is, and how to? Just do the following; Make sure the Luger is empty, then field strip it down to the toggle train in hand. On the rear toggle, the pin that holds the coupling link, has an ear bent up on the LH side, and you need to drive it (the pin) out from right to left and it will free up the slider assembly to come off the back when you depress the slider button and slide back.. Reverse the sequence once the correct fitting parts are selected... That's it, not too tough at all... best to you, til....lat'r....GT....
BTW, you needent drive the coupling pin all the way out? Just far enough to let the slider go past... That way you don't have to keep track of the pin and parts so much?... best, GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 12 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post:
Unread 04-11-2023, 10:03 PM   #3
barr44
User

Default Navy Luger repair

I appreciate your fast response and the problem looks to be an easy fix. I do appreciate the folks on this website as being very knowledgeable and friendly and quick to provide one with help when needed. Again I salute all of you folks associated with this forum.
Thank you, will let you know how things go when I get my hands on the parts.
Thanks again, Barry Askew
The following member says Thank You to barr44 for your post:
Unread 04-20-2023, 03:28 PM   #4
barr44
User

Default Navy Luger rear sight replace!

GT, Thanks again for the info on replacing my rear sight on my Navy Luger. I finally got around to making the change. The actual change was relatively easy. The fitting part was a fairly long process of working on my replacement part with a series of needle files. Finally got it done and like you had mentioned the process is easy until you do the fitting.
Again I appreciate your assistance in this matter, great group of folks
here and really enjoy being able to be a member.
Thanks again, barr
The following 5 members says Thank You to barr44 for your post: