LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Krieghoff Lugers

Unread 12-14-2003, 11:34 AM   #21
Roadkill
User

Carl, did you copy & paste it or type it in yourself? "schatzsucher" means treasure/something of value seeker OR "schatz" can mean a term of endearment like "darling" or "honey". Entered in as two words as stand alone it can mean, well, I think ya'll get it. Seach engines can also be subjective. This is how translations can change completely depending on intent. If I were to say" Ich suche ein Schatz" it could be taken as "I'm looking for treasure" or " Where can I find the darlings? ". John D has asked how I've located some of the info on the internet, I do it by entering phrases/words in German that have multiple meanings. For example, type in "Luger" and you'll get family history, a wrestler, and guns. Type in "pistole 08" and it provides only about the luger pistol. Try "KZ pistole 08" and there are links to Concentration Camps and lugers.
Here's one from a Waffen SS kid when captured :

"Dort mussten wir an so einem LKW vorbeifahren und unsere Waffen auf diesen werfen.
(There we were led by a truck and threw our arms on it.)

Ich warf mein Gewehr drauf. Aber in meinem jugendlichen Leichtsinn behielt ich meine 08 Pistole in meinem Brotbeutel bei mir.

(I threw my rifle on it but in my youthful stupidiness I kept my 08 pistol in my breadbag with me.)

Dass war eigentlich t�¶dlicher Leichtsinn.
(That was actually dangerous stupidity)

Gives me something to do when its too bad outside to go hunting- like today.
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote