LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Unread 12-14-2022, 11:43 AM   #21
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

Would you wait until prices may go up? Or will they??? Our Economy Suggs!
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2022, 08:48 AM   #22
Major Tom
User

All my firearms will go to my Grandson. I've schooled him somewhat about most of them. He gets all my reloading stuff to which he is not acquainted with. I leave notes about certain things/procedures to help him along. Also, the prevailing value of everything.
Unread 12-15-2022, 07:15 PM   #23
gunbugs
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 1,114 Times in 371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirelaw View Post
Would you wait until prices may go up? Or will they??? Our Economy Suggs!

Prices most assuredly will go up. But that is because the dollar will be worth even less than it is now. You won't get more value in the future, just more worthless dollars...

As was told to me years ago, "Americans. They know the price of everything, but the value of nothing."
gunbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2022, 06:06 PM   #24
spangy
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 1,047 Times in 422 Posts

This thread is particularly stressful for me.

1st off to hear Eric is needing to sell a prize possession hurts a lot
Then to hear Ron has already gone through the same doubles the pain.

My own situation right now is tenuous at best but complicated by the fact that I cannot even sell my guns legally anymore.
This is due to our mentally ill despotic PM 'banning' all hand guns and placing Law Abiding Citizens handguns into the Prohibited class meaning they will be siezed upon my passing and destroyed.

In the meantime I can't sell them nor buy any new ones.
I am allowed to keep them until i pass but I cannot leave them to anyone - including family - as heirlooms. ITS MY PROPERTY FFS.

We are working very hard in Canada to remove Trudeau from power and if we succeed we are fairly certain all will be reversed once we get Pierre Poilievre in power.

Eric and Ron I really hope you won't have to sell any more of your collection ... I don't know anymore ... the world has gone insane .... you can't do this, you can't do that ... men are women / women are men ... its F'ING insane.
WTB - Take Down Lever & Trigger Plate (#90) for an Imperial Artillery.
spangy is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 10 members says Thank You to spangy for your post:
Unread 12-18-2022, 07:05 PM   #25
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,082 Times in 1,673 Posts

Greg,
I deeply regret your situation and sincerely hope it will change. I appreciate your concerns over my decision to part with some of my collection, but take comfort (as I do) that I still have some really good stuff left to enjoy for a while !
Ron
Unread 12-18-2022, 07:59 PM   #26
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Living on SSI is impossible especially if a spouse dies. A few percent raise once a year! https://www.the-sun.com/money/511530...aise-how-much/
Unread 12-19-2022, 01:20 AM   #27
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,315 Posts

Quote:
Living on SSI is impossible especially if a spouse dies. A few percent raise once a year! https://www.the-sun.com/money/511530...aise-how-much/
Eric, have you checked your eligibility to receive SS survivor's benefits?
Unread 12-20-2022, 09:32 AM   #28
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Yes I get my ssi since my stroke, but I lose Debbys $1200/mo since her death. I was barely making it on mine! With everything gone up, I'm F***ed!
Unread 12-20-2022, 06:33 PM   #29
spangy
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I am not at all an expert on US SSI but I think Dave is on to something.
After just a little digging I found this:

"Social Security will not combine a late spouse's benefit and your own and pay you both. When you are eligible for two benefits, such as a*survivor benefit*and a retirement payment, Social Security doesn’t add them together but rather pays you the higher of the two amounts.

If that’s the retirement benefit, then the retirement benefit is all you’ll get. If the survivor benefit is higher, Social Security pays the retirement benefit first and tops it up to match the amount of the survivor benefit."

https://www.aarp.org/retirement/soci...-benefits.html

https://www.aarp.org/retirement/soci...ouse-dies.html

https://www.nasi.org/learn/social-se...in-retirement/

Definitely seek some professional guidance on this one Eric because like I said I am dumber than dirt RE: US SSI but I think your in for a pleasant surprise ... at least I hope so brother.
The following member says Thank You to spangy for your post:
Unread 12-20-2022, 08:00 PM   #30
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

You are right.. when a spouse dies you get which ever spouse is higher~You only get one!!! Which Sucks! Your Bills Remain The Same! And Much More~!!! My monthly rose only $200/mo Inflation wipes it out and more!!! Every time the value of house ggoes up, its taxed higher.We bought this house for $70k two years ago now value and taxes have doubled and so did taxes etc. https://www.trulia.com/p/fl/port-sai...52--2037746064
Unread 12-21-2022, 11:51 AM   #31
Kiwi
User

Eric, 2 bed 2 bath - could you perhaps take in a boarder? rent out the other room

Not ideal but if the $$ do not reach.
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2022, 12:55 PM   #32
guns3545
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default Homestead Status

Quote:
You are right.. when a spouse dies you get which ever spouse is higher~You only get one!!! Which Sucks! Your Bills Remain The Same! And Much More~!!! My monthly rose only $200/mo Inflation wipes it out and more!!! Every time the value of house ggoes up, its taxed higher.We bought this house for $70k two years ago now value and taxes have doubled and so did taxes etc. https://www.trulia.com/p/fl/port-sai...52--2037746064
Eric,

I assume this is your Homestead. First you should get 25K relief plus another 25K relief.

Plus under the Save our Home Act, your taxable value can only go up 2 percent per year, irrespective of what your home might be valued at by the realtors.

I was in my home here in Sarasota for 21 years and my taxable value never increased more than 2 percent per year. When I recently sold and down sized, the accumulated benefit followed me to my new smaller home.

I strongly recommend that you get an appointment with your local Advisor for the Elderly who should be able to allay your fears and point you in the right directions so you can get all the benefits to which you are entitled. And its free advice.

Florida takes good care of its Senior Citizens.

John
guns3545 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 members says Thank You to guns3545 for your post:
Unread 12-22-2022, 05:31 PM   #33
Kiel-78
User

@spangy

Did i get it right? You can not sell your guns in CA? Not even to a museum or anything like that?

Is it possible to export them?

I am not an importer or have any knowledge about it, but it may be a way to save the guns. Here in europe there is a big collectors scene as well.

And a good advise I got from the guy I have my MP43 from:
Have a document in your safe where you list your guns and the expected value of them. He said, that he saw people selling all the stuff of passed people for far to less money. Just because the heirs of the deceased had no idea about the value of a collection.
Kiel-78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2022, 08:41 PM   #34
Good-Day
User

So just in case our Brothers in Canada have not all heard Legacy Colectibles has been Exporting Historic Pistols from Canada to keep them from ending up as Man Hole Covers

I wont get into the horrible politics of it as we are facing our own issues here in the Pacific Northwest
https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/
Good-Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2022, 11:31 PM   #35
spangy
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Sorry Eric ... I am not trying to hi-jack your thread but I need to answer Kiel-78 and Good-Day

Legacy gets a lot of his Canadian rescue guns from a friend of mine in Quebec who has export experience and all the required license's one needs so it is possible.

The real solution is to get rid of our mentally ill WEF controlled PM - Trudeau.
The next election he will be gone and if he isn't then the fix is in.
He is the most hated PM in Canadian history as well as a complete embarrassment to Canada.
The leader of the opposition party, Conservative Pierre Poilievre has vowed to overturn the Gun bans and return Canada to the free respected democracy it has always been pre Trudeau.

If it doesn't happen I already have a plan in place to emigrate to the US thanks to a great friend here at the forum. Given my age and medical status moving would be very difficult but I will not turn over my guns to be 'melted' and I will not live in a dictatorship.

At the present time I can't sell, buy, export or leave as heirlooms my guns to my family or anyone else.
My friend in Quebec can export them with great difficulty because the bill while being enforced has not yet passed into law so there is a small window open for the time being IF you have a pre existing export license.
I would not be able to get anywhere near what they are worth nor do I want to sell them ... I have several very special Luger's and a few nice Artillery Luger's. Bottom line is once the bill passes final reading the window closes for good or until the next PM reverses all the damage Trudeau has created ... its complicated

Right now it's a waiting game dependent on political corruption.
Watch this video ... it will kind of spell it out but Bill C21, OIC, proroguing of parliament and the lies and deceit of the Liberal party under Trudeau are far to complex to illuminate in one video.

What you need to know is that this 'banning of guns' is taking place in countries all across the world.
It is under the direction of a cabal of billionaires united under the WEF and the United Nations Agenda 21 who wish to disarm the common people of the world by the year 2030. It is happening in the US as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UQ5Kw_I8E8
The following 5 members says Thank You to spangy for your post:
Unread 12-25-2022, 06:07 PM   #36
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Canada Has lost its mind!! Come to Florida!
Attached Images