LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 10-08-2017, 03:40 PM   #41
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

As I predicted, the proposed legislation coming from anti-gun progressive liberal Dianne Feinstein is so broadly worded that it would prevent you from replacing your firearm's trigger with improved components like match triggers:

http://www.mssblog.com/2017/10/05/fe...ggers-illegal/

Just this morning, she clearly answered on Meet the Press that nothing existing or proposed could have had any impact on the Las Vegas incident that started all this mass PTSD, fueling the emotions for passing this kind of draconian legislation. Despicable.

Incidentally, Democratic Senator (CA) Dianne Feinstein just appeared on NBC's Meet the Press. Here is the transcript:

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...8-2017-n808826

When asked the direct question if any laws could have prevented the Las Vegas tragedy, she danced a bit, and then admitted that she doesn't know of one (existing or proposed) that would have made any difference.

Here's her direct quote:
NBC News - Meet the Press

“10.08.17”

CHUCK TODD:

Let me ask you this. Give me the slate of laws, that if you could wave your wand and have enacted that could have prevented Vegas.

SEN. DIANNE FEINSTEIN:

Well. I don't know. I would have to take a good look at that and really study it. I'm not sure there is any set of laws that could have prevented it. I do know this. That we have a Second Amendment. There's been difference over its interpretation by the court, the high court.

- - - - - -

Much of the rest of her interview displayed delusional and fallacious thinking typical of mass Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - the disease being foisted on the American Public by the mainstream media as it constantly harps on the tragedy.

It's now a week later, and the investigation isn't even close to completed.
Unread 10-09-2017, 04:18 AM   #42
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
There is a crank/cam device that attaches to the semi-automatic trigger guard and allows 'Gatling gun' style shooting - this device has been around for decades.
That is the one I was aware of....
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to Edward Tinker for your post:
Unread 10-10-2017, 05:16 PM   #43
Olle
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrerick View Post
As I predicted, the proposed legislation coming from anti-gun progressive liberal Dianne Feinstein is so broadly worded that it would prevent you from replacing your firearm's trigger with improved components like match triggers:

http://www.mssblog.com/2017/10/05/fe...ggers-illegal/

Just this morning, she clearly answered on Meet the Press that nothing existing or proposed could have had any impact on the Las Vegas incident that started all this mass PTSD, fueling the emotions for passing this kind of draconian legislation. Despicable.

Incidentally, Democratic Senator (CA) Dianne Feinstein just appeared on NBC's Meet the Press. Here is the transcript:

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...8-2017-n808826

When asked the direct question if any laws could have prevented the Las Vegas tragedy, she danced a bit, and then admitted that she doesn't know of one (existing or proposed) that would have made any difference.

Here's her direct quote:
NBC News - Meet the Press

“10.08.17”

CHUCK TODD:

Let me ask you this. Give me the slate of laws, that if you could wave your wand and have enacted that could have prevented Vegas.

SEN. DIANNE FEINSTEIN:

Well. I don't know. I would have to take a good look at that and really study it. I'm not sure there is any set of laws that could have prevented it. I do know this. That we have a Second Amendment. There's been difference over its interpretation by the court, the high court.

- - - - - -

Much of the rest of her interview displayed delusional and fallacious thinking typical of mass Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - the disease being foisted on the American Public by the mainstream media as it constantly harps on the tragedy.

It's now a week later, and the investigation isn't even close to completed.
It doesn't surprise me one bit. Is there any law that prevents criminals from breaking it?

The perp had obviously checked out other concerts before he picked the one in Vegas, and somebody made a pretty interesting comment on that. If he had picked a rap concert, the politicians would now be focusing on how to ban neo-nazis, and the bump stock would just be a footnote. Politicians want to take "quick and decisive action", and they don't care what that action is as long as it pleases media.
Unread 10-10-2017, 05:55 PM   #44
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts

Thankfully wheels turn slowly in Washington. Hopefully the passage of time will cause more politicos to realize that a knee-jerk reaction is not helpful. And maybe the clamor from the voters will subside just a bit too.
dju
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to DavidJayUden for your post:
Unread 10-10-2017, 07:25 PM   #45
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,477 Times in 1,320 Posts
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olle View Post
It doesn't surprise me one bit. Is there any law that prevents criminals from breaking it?

The perp had obviously checked out other concerts before he picked the one in Vegas, and somebody made a pretty interesting comment on that. If he had picked a rap concert, the politicians would now be focusing on how to ban neo-nazis, and the bump stock would just be a footnote. Politicians want to take "quick and decisive action", and they don't care what that action is as long as it pleases media.
That's fairly true for the S.A.F.E. Act, the NY governor's late-on-a-Sunday-night executive action. It is obviously an attempt to garner political capital by the appearance of "doing something." Allowable magazines were initially restricted to seven rounds, but was soon changed to ten, a number that is less ridiculous. Another provision of the regulation is to require background checks for every ammo purchase. Though it is still in the act, the provisions concerning ammo have not been implemented--for the notable reason that it will be an hardship on retailers' time and resources, and that it might overload a system that is limited to begin with because the database is not necessarily up-to-date, or even accurate. We can no longer receive ammo from suppliers outside the state unless it goes through a FFL dealer, who merely receives it and hands it over after we make the trip to his facility (no BG check). We kissed our ability to purchase semi-auto "assault rifles"--you know, the ones that LOOK so scary to the uninformed who are making these laws--goodbye at that point, but can keep what we already have once it is registered with the state police. They must be sold out-of-state or transferred to an immediate family member. This was rushed through shortly after the Connecticut school incident.
Unread 10-10-2017, 07:35 PM   #46
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

Good For You!!!
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2017, 12:53 AM   #47
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJayUden View Post
Thankfully wheels turn slowly in Washington. Hopefully the passage of time will cause more politicos to realize that a knee-jerk reaction is not helpful. And maybe the clamor from the voters will subside just a bit too.
dju
The same conversation erupts after every incident. Emotions are on the boil on both sides, which does not set things up for reasoned conclusions or any compromise from either "side" of the issue. By the time heads cool enough to effectively communicate, it seems we are already slapping grease onto the next squeaky wheel, whether it be climate crisis, bigotry in action, or our fearless leader's Tweet wars. Solving the dilemma is a Catch-22.
Unread 10-11-2017, 11:24 AM   #48
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts

"Solving the dilemma is a Catch-22."

And this is one of those "unsolvable" incidents. Not much you can do to stop a guy with adequate gray matter, money and time who seems intent on hurting random strangers for whatever reason.
dju
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to DavidJayUden for your post:
Unread 10-12-2017, 11:08 PM   #49
Jim Mac
User

so what is the govt fair market value to reimburse the owners of these bump stocks if they decide to change a legal accessory to a illegal accessory? since the market seems to be 3p0-350 for these now I'm sure the govt has to reimburse owners to confiscate them.
Then when they set a price we can start bringing in individual rubber bands and claim our money.
It's a good thing the Vegas guy didn't set off his 50 pounds of tannerite or they libs would be wanting to make that illegal too and claim they didn't know anyone can buy it on line. jim
Jim Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2017, 11:55 PM   #50
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

It's not a very well-kept secret that this technique can be used on just about any semi-auto firearm. An apparatus is unnecessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtt1Vf6gtb8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9asxtXPYUio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi2pRBb-t14
Unread 10-13-2017, 09:58 AM   #51
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Can we bump fire a luger?
Unread 10-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #52
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirelaw View Post
Eric, I don't see why not!
Unread 10-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #53
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

It seem like every body just woke up~
Unread 10-13-2017, 12:05 PM   #54
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,591 Times in 930 Posts

Quote:
No. A Luger won't cycle reliably if it's "limp wristed". A bump-fire stock is, in effect, a mechanical limp-wrist.
Norm
Norme is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Norme for your post:
Unread 10-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #55
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Shucks!
Unread 10-13-2017, 02:03 PM   #56
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,348 Times in 2,038 Posts

Quote:
Why would you want to?
Unread 10-13-2017, 04:23 PM   #57
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Hook up a snail drum and go at it!! Its not illegal to dream!! Which is it legal to attach a drum to any other than an artillery~carbine? A silencer can be legal under some circumstances I've read!
Unread 10-13-2017, 05:50 PM   #58
kurusu
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norme View Post
No. A Luger won't cycle reliably if it's "limp wristed". A bump-fire stock is, in effect, a mechanical limp-wrist.
Norm
Always found this cliche statement odd. I have limp wristed all my Lugers on purpose and none failed to cicle because of that.
kurusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2017, 07:48 PM   #59
DonVoigt
User

Quote:
Hook up a snail drum and go at it!! Its not illegal to dream!! Which is it legal to attach a drum to any other than an artillery~carbine? A silencer can be legal under some circumstances I've read!
Oh yes, a luger with a 32 round drum is awesome!
With or without stock.

As you know, only carbines, artillery, and navy lugers(and a couple more) are "legal" with the correct type stock attached.

Artillery + drum+ stock = original "trench broom".

Silencers are legal in some locales in the US with a NFA tax stamp, similar to MGs, as they are covered under the NFA.
Unread 10-13-2017, 07:50 PM   #60
DonVoigt
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurusu View Post
Always found this cliche statement odd. I have limp wristed all my Lugers on purpose and none failed to cicle because of that.
Obviously depends on the ammo, luger, and wrist!
The following member says Thank You to DonVoigt for your post: