LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-21-2001, 06:58 PM   #1
Marvin
User

Default Artillery Holster

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a note about a Repro Artillery Holster for sale by Sportsmans Guide for $79.95. On a whim, I ordered one; it arrived today and I am well pleased with this purchase! It is made in India, but of much better quality than others I have seen. It does not smell like a pair of old dirty socks I have worn hunting for 3 days either, ha, ha!

Anyway, the holster is formed correctly, has the cleaning rod pouch and tool pouch sew to the holster. Inlcluded is the cleaning rod, spare magazine pouch, stock toe boot, shoulder strap and stock strap. The pistol fits perfectly and the magazines even fit into the pouch. If you are looking for a reasonably priced artillery holster (Note: Wood Stock is NOT included), this is the one to get. The quality is not up to CMR standards, but for $79.95, it can't be beat. If you are interested, the item number is CX1M-46625. You can look at a picture on their website. The link to their site is shown as "Artillery Holster".

I have the original holster which came with the pistol, but it was used in WWII and did not include any stock, boot, etc. I will use this rig and my original stock to make a "show type" rig. If you buy one, I don;t think you will be disapponted.

Marvin

Artillery Holster
Unread 03-21-2001, 09:46 PM   #2
Dok
RIP

Default Re: Artillery Holster

I see they also have Luger P-08 holsters for $49.95, and I suppose they can be forgiven for showing a Luger in the holster that looks remarkably like a P-38

Unread 03-22-2001, 09:40 PM   #3
tomheller

Marv, I also saw the SG ad. This is the same rig that SARCO is selling for $5 more.

Unread 03-23-2001, 04:44 PM   #4
Marvin
User

Tom,

I finally got my shoulder stock out this afternoon and put it on the holster. Everything fit like a glove. The pistol also fits as it should! I am impressed with this repro. holster, and it is not the typical Indian type construction I have seen in the past on the Luger holsters.

If anyone wants a decent repro for thier Artillary Luger, this is a good one.

Marvin

Unread 03-26-2001, 02:18 PM   #5
Jon Hall

I also got the holster, the only thing it didn't have were the 5 brass screws, to mate the holster to the stock. I thought the take down tool pouch under the flap was a real good job, just like the orginal.

Unread 03-26-2001, 02:24 PM   #6
Marvin
User

Jon,

I agree that the tool pouch was outstanding! I went to the hardware store and bought the brass "trim washers" for a #4 screw. I also found stainless steel #4 screws that worked great. The screws fit the holes in the shoulder stock perfectly. The only thing is that when you screw down the top flap for the strap to attache to, it is tight. I guess that when the leather stratches a little, it will be a perfect fit. For the money, this was a good buy and the rig really looks great.