LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 01-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
www.prussia.us
User

Default VoPo Serial number question

I gather there were some variations in the VoPo refurb process, is it possible for a VoPo sunburst-marked Luger to be mismatched and not bear the scars of being forced matched?

The bluing has the classic DDR look, all uniform to the Luger, but the upper serial numbers do not have any of the careful strikes and renumbering usually seen by me on DDR refurbs.

I know we have more speculation than certainty with this stuff but I value your experience/knowledge...THANKS
www.prussia.us is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
Schupo
User

Without photos of the pistol in question I would suspect that the P.08 is possibly a "Frankenstein" that consists of one or two Volkspolizei marked parts. The VP Armory in Suhl was very careful when they refurbished firearms for the police. They forced matched parts, fitted new parts as needed, and gaged and fit the parts to proper tolerances. Some retailers, not Volkspolizei armorers, also put parts together to make pistols.

Proper VP pistols that I have seen have been well fitted mechanically with predictable force matching of old and new DDR manufactured parts. I hope this is helpful.