Post Nice photo

http://www.hermann-historica.com/auk...s/lot/2414.htm

http://www.hermann-historica.com/auk...s/lot/2415.htm

rk
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2003, 05:11 PM   #2
pisto
User

Interesting Auction, just 120 miles away from me.
Thanks for telling me.
pisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2003, 05:20 PM   #3
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Don't get too excited Roland. These are nice photos, but Auktion 43 ENDED last year. The first price was the minimum bid, and second price is what it actually sold for.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2003, 06:52 PM   #4
Big Norm
RIP

A little too much shine on the barrel of the 1908. Maybe a re-blue. If not, where are these good guns in the USA?
The model 1914 looks terrible. But if the stock is an original navy then the gun was a bargain.

I recently talked to an import/export guy from England and he was surprised at the prices Americans pay for Lugers. He said that the Borchardt prices have dropped through the floor in Europe. We were looking at a georgeous DWM Borchardt with 5 mags (none matched the gun), original case (possible bad condition), well worn out original holster and a whole bunch of extra stuff like the original hold open mag and stock for $18,500. He said that that set would go for $13-15,000 in Germany. We both agreed that the gun was fabulous. Not a scratch on it. But 18 grand...?
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2003, 07:27 PM   #5
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,096 Times in 1,676 Posts
If you think $18K is a lot, check out the one that Randy Bessler (www.collectorfirearms.us) has for $25K!! It is a beauty.
Unread 03-05-2003, 09:02 PM   #6
Navy
RIP

The logic is simple: there is a finite supply of excellent condition fine collector grade guns; there is an infinite supply of money. Most serious Luger collectors can afford the extra "reach" to get what they need for their collections.

One can ALWAYS get more money. My only regrets about Lugers are the ones I sold and the ones that i did not buy.
TA
for sus: thumbs down
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2003, 11:32 PM   #7
Big Norm
RIP

I thought that the gun was great. But the rest of the stuff was in bad shape. I went back to that gun show the next day to see if I could make a counter offer but the seller was gone. I have his telephone number, but since I already have a DWM Borchardt, I don't think that I'll do it. But I did some serious thinking on it. The hold open and the five magazines really caught my attention. My gun also does not have the original strap that goes around the toe of the holster and the stock. This one did. The owner would not let me hold the gun without gloves and I could not examine the case. I examined the gun using a small piece of tissue paper. I now carry a pair of rubber gloves in my gun show carrying pouch.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2003, 12:09 AM   #8
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,096 Times in 1,676 Posts
Norm,
Rubber gloves are OK, but they get really uncomfortable quickly. Check out gloves-online.com. They have cotton and nylon gloves that are inexpensive. I usually buy the one-size-fits-all nylon, Item #NYP-M404-U, for $15.95 per dozen. They are cheap enough to use a few times and then throw away when they become too soiled.
Unread 03-13-2003, 06:31 AM   #9
karmast
User

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Roadkill:
<strong>http://www.hermann-historica.com/auk...s/lot/2414.htm

http://www.hermann-historica.com/auk...s/lot/2415.htm

rk</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Yes, they are really great! Luky buyer!!

The 1914-type had a matching mag with it, the gun all matching numbers and the barrel in great cond.

The 1908-type was described as "not reblued", all numbers matching..

I wish I could owen such a wonderful piece of history in some day!