LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 10-04-2001, 05:40 PM   #1
Thor
User

Default Ol' Thor is out the Door!!

Well the job cuts hit our company, I have been layed off! Dont send any more messages to tgreen@bhinc.com, cause I wont be here! I guess I will give the gunsmith job a real chance! Pray for me and my family please! Ted Green

Hasta Lasagna and dont get any on ya!!

Unread 10-04-2001, 07:51 PM   #2
RET
User

Default Re: Ol' Thor is out the Door!!

Hello Ted,

Sorry to hear this! Good luck. I am sure that things will work out soon and that you will be better off.

Best regards.

Bob

Unread 10-04-2001, 08:24 PM   #3
schwob
RIP

I am so very sorry to hear about this lousy situation. You'll be in my thoughts!

Unread 10-04-2001, 09:06 PM   #4
Tracy

Ted

The best thing that ever happened to me was when 3M let me go on a downsizing operation. No job stress more time with family, I stopped blowing my top at everything and started to enjoy life. You can feel lucky that you have what you love to fall back on. A part time job at a local gun shop or range will work for you also with your restoration activties. Best of luck

Bob

Unread 10-04-2001, 11:20 PM   #5
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default Best of luck to you Ted!

I know how you feel! Been there, done that......some how, things seem to work out in the long run....keep look'en forward!! till...later...G.T.

Unread 10-04-2001, 11:50 PM   #6
Milt Keller
User

Ted mein freund,

When the good lord closes one door, he always opens another, God bless you and your loving family!

Kindest Regards,

Milt

Unread 10-05-2001, 12:28 AM   #7
Big Norm
RIP

Default Don't Give Up On Yourself

Don't give up on yourself big fella. I used to be a contract computer programmer in my previous corporate life. Everytime a contract ended I felt like I was being fired. I got down on myself and everyone around me. I can not tell you how many times it happened to me. Nor can I tell you the number of times I reinvented myself. My father would never let me go all the way down. And now I am 61 years old and in spite of all the set backs, I look back and feel as though I have had a very financially successful life. That was because I didn't give up. I know that your hurting now. But now is only temporary. Tomorrow is when you prove what you are really made of. You gotta hang tough and not panic.

Good luck good buddy!

Big Norm

Unread 10-05-2001, 08:06 AM   #8
tom
User

Yo Ted,

There are two kinds of people: Those who have been laid off and those who are gonna be.

My getting laid off (Actually I resigned) and going to work for myself was the best career move I have made since I left the military.

I have no idea what your skill set is,aside from Luger restoration, but I have a broad network of contacts in the consulting field and would be pleased to "shop your resume around"

Send it to me off list with a idea of salary requirements, travel availability, etc and I will work it for you.

Tom

Unread 10-05-2001, 08:27 AM   #9
Dok
RIP

As has been said before, when one door closes, another opens, and we don't always understand what the Universe has in store for us. When I quit my job at the power company, I had no job to go to (I was 49), but now in retrospect, it was the best move I ever made. Things always work out for the best. As the Brits say "Keep a stiff upper lip, Old Chap". Our thoughts are with you. Dok

Unread 10-05-2001, 08:29 AM   #10
Luke
User

Ted,

Our hearts go out to you at a difficult time.

Having said that, you are an intelligent, resourceful, and energetic guy; and I am sure that this will all work out well in the long run.

God bless.

Luke

Unread 10-05-2001, 08:48 AM   #11
Thor
User

Default Re: Thor's new life.

Well, thanks so much for the out pouring of good thoughts in my direction. I have decided I am going to make a run at doing my reworks full time. I have wanted to do this a long time but was too secure with my other job. Well, yesterday that all changed. I am one of the lucky people that get laid off, I have another vocation. My heart was really not in Engineering anymore and all I wanted to do was work on Lugers, looks like I will get my wish. I already had multiple type guns on my list to do, but this will surely be increased to keep me busy. I especially want to also work on PPKs and P.38s shooters. Anyway, thanks to all and Natalie and I look forward to our new working lives and I will surely still be at the TLF Convention this spring in Phoenix. I am a firm believer that all these changes are for the best! Thor

Unread 10-05-2001, 09:26 AM   #12
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default We'll be praying for ya Ted (EOM)

Unread 10-05-2001, 09:45 AM   #13
Sid Gariss

Default Re: We'll be praying for ya Ted

Thor, I am so sorry to hear about this. It was a pleasure and a privlage to work with you. I really enjoyed it. Deanna and I will keep you in our prayers. I will keep in contact with you. Thanks for all that you have done for me.

Sid.

Unread 10-05-2001, 09:48 AM   #14
Thor
User

Sure thing buddy, check your email address shown in your messages, I think it is missing a letter or two! Thor

Unread 10-05-2001, 09:53 AM   #15
Sid Gariss

Thanks buddy. I was not thinking to good after reading your post. It is fixed now.

Sid.

Unread 10-05-2001, 09:55 AM   #16
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Re: Thor's new life.

Good for you, Ted..!!!!!

As you mentioned - sometimes it takes a "turn for the worse" that allows us to do things that "turn out for better"..!! With your talent and Natalie's encourgement - I really believe you will be successful at your new "job" (hmmm - a job that you enjoy doing, too!!!:-)

Unread 10-05-2001, 12:12 PM   #17
Hugh
RIP

Default Re: Thor's new life. :)

Ted,

It may be a blessing in disguise. Back in the late 80's when the bottom fell out of the oil field boom I got bumped from Southeast Texas Manager to a "lowly" field engineer and thought the world had come to an end. However, it turned out that I have been much happier with my job and life since that demotion than before.

You will be ok; things will work out, although it may not look that way right now.

Unread 10-05-2001, 09:01 PM   #18
TomN

Ted, like most of my friends who have met the same fate I bet this will be the best thing that ever happened to you. Hard to believe but sometimes you need a little push to find your real potential. I'm not to religious but I'm praying for you buddy. But I don't think you'll need it.

Your faithful customer, TomN

Unread 10-05-2001, 09:04 PM   #19
Todd
User

Default Re: Ol' Thor is out the Door!! (EOM)

Unread 10-05-2001, 09:06 PM   #20
Todd
User

Ted,

Hang in there! I've seen pictures of your re-works, clearly your calling is in Lugers!