LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 01-04-2002, 01:41 AM   #1
Joshua Winoto

Default help me verifying my luger, pls

Hi All,

My name is Joshua, well, I am a newbies in luger, Luger gun has been my favorite toy gun ever since I was a kid and to own one now is like a dream come true.

I have a luger, I would like to post the pics, but dont really know how to post the pics, please refer to the owner's corner under Johua Winoto.

The luger was given to me by a friend whose late father was in the Indonesian Army, I guess the luger belonged to the Dutch Army as Indonesia was once Dutch Colony. There is a plate stating Dept M and I belive the plate was placed by the Indonesian army to denote a certain dept or something.

The hoslter is made of canvas tho. the luger came with 2 mags and a weird looking bullets casing, made of leather.

The mags also came with a leather mags casing.

Thank You Very Much

Joshua

Unread 01-04-2002, 06:26 AM   #2
66mustang

Default Re: help me verifying my luger, pls

Hello Joshua,

I have seen your pictures on the forum and thought them very nice. I'm still looking for guns like yours that were used by our fathers, friends fathers, people we know who served in the war. I think a book on guns like this would be very interesting and so I am trying (slowly I know, ;>) ) on pictures and stories about these type of guns!

Anyway, I am guessing you have researched your Luger on the Techical Information pages?

Also, although I have not read it myself, there is at least one book specifically on Dutch Luger's.

You can post pictures by placing a link in the Optional Image URL, and placing one at a server with an HTTP address.

The only way I know to directly upload a picture from your hard drive is when you are making your profile.

Is there another way John or Dok?

Ed

Unread 01-04-2002, 08:24 AM   #3
Dok
RIP

Default That's pretty much it...

you can upload a picture using the upload photo link found at the top of the message board, and then paste the returned URL into your posting in the optional image URL. Make sure your remove the the default "http://" already in the field. Good Luck.

Dok

Unread 01-04-2002, 10:02 PM   #4
Jelly

Default Re: That's pretty much it...

Look for a Japanese Imperial Crest on chamber,these were captured from the Dutch by the Japanese,in Indies,New Guinea

These lugers were recalibrated to 8m/m, nambu cartages,

To date only 2 originals are authanicated,

You have a very rare/very scarce rig.{I believe}

The canvse holsters were issued to the Japanese in late

1944-5,The bullets you describe are hand made/I would catalog

them as museum pieces.

CONGRADULATIONS

my referances are:

World of Luger proof Marks/Page 197/Item#137

The Hand Cannons of Imperial Japan/Page 142/247

,Jelly

Unread 01-04-2002, 11:56 PM   #5
Joshua Winoto

Default Re: That's pretty much it...

I am testing to post a pic of the mags leather casing, hope it will work, as for the bullets themselves, they are 9mm.

There is a 1936 mark on top of the barrel, near the 'body' of the gun and the gun is marked 1149 all over. Beneath the barrel, at the rear end, etc.

I will post another pics of the 1149 mark.

Thank You

Joshua

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/lugermag.jpg

Unread 01-04-2002, 11:59 PM   #6
Joshua Winoto

Default another pics

These are the 1149 marks I am refering about, does the mark means anything? What year was the luger made actually? Was it 1936? Or before?

Hope the files are not too big.

Thank You

Joshua

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/luger1149mark.jpg

Unread 01-05-2002, 12:09 AM   #7
Joshua Winoto

Default Re: another pics

Oops, it was not 1149 all over, but a 49 mark. The 1149 marks are only found as stated in the previous pics, does the 49 marks has any connection with the 1149 marks?

Thank You

Joshua

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/luger49mark3.jpg

Unread 01-05-2002, 02:39 AM   #8
TheShadowKnows

Default 1149 marks

the serial number is 1149....the last two numbers (49) should appear on all small parts...

The Shadow Knows!

hehehehehehehehehe

Unread 01-05-2002, 05:55 AM   #9
Joshua Winoto

Default star and 1936 marks

Dear Ed, Dok, TheShadow,

There is a star emblem on top of the gun, some one told me that the star emblem was stamped by the Indonesian Army (TNI)as the TNI's emblem is the star.

When is the luger made? 1936? Or even before that perhaps?

Thank You

Joshua

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/lu...nd1936mark.jpg

Unread 01-05-2002, 06:50 AM   #10
Thor
User

Default Re: star and 1936 marks

Joshua, I am guessing your Luger was originally made in 1906, it has similarities with a 1906 Vickers Dutch and a 1906 Dutch Luger (Kenyon definitions) It has a brass plate like the 1906 Vickers but it has the DWM toggle like the 1906 Dutch. The serial range 1149 could be in either of these two variation ranges (Kenyon) The Right Receiver mark is consistent with A Dutch Colonies Marking (Costanzo) (unsure of what variaitons this was used on. the 1936 barrel marking is the DATE of REFURBISHing, probably a barrel change. The Star on the chamber is consistent with Dutch Indonsian Markings (Constanzo) I am afraid there is no one variation know to me anyway that has all these markings together that is documented as a verified variation. I do not know how they all came to be on your Luger but I thought I would relay what I found. I have no way to verify this information but it is found in various Luger reference books! Thor

Unread 01-05-2002, 01:00 PM   #11
TheShadowKnows

Default Rust

You need to get rid of the active rust on that gun!..think of it as "slow fire" !!!!!!!!!!

The Shadow Knows...

Unread 01-06-2002, 09:04 AM   #12
Joshua Winoto

Default Re: Rust

I have been trying to eradicate the rust problem on the gun. Problem is, there is not any gun repair shop in Indonesia.

Is there any solution or liquid solution to eradicate the rust problem?

The gun usually jammed on the 4th round, is it because of the rust problem?

Thank You

Joshua

Unread 01-06-2002, 09:55 AM   #13
Joshua Winoto

Default Re: star and 1936 marks

Hi Thor,

Yes, the luger was more known, to the army veteran that is, as vicker guns.

They always refer the luger as vickers.

Unread 01-06-2002, 01:01 PM   #14
Thor
User

I would imagine a weak magazine spring is the problem. ~Thor~

Unread 01-07-2002, 06:59 AM   #15
Marvin
User

Joshua,

I don't know what how severe your rust problem is, but I would recommend that you use some fine steel wool to rub the rust away. Put a little oil on the steel wool and rub until there is no more rust showing. According to how severe the rust is will determine if you must remove any bluing whicn is left in the area. Rust will continue to eat away at the steel until it is removed. Once it is removed, a light coating of gun oil or grease should solve the problem. Good Luck on the removal as you do have an interesting pistol and it should be preserved as best as possible.

Marvin C.