LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 12-27-2001, 05:37 PM   #1
Tracy

Default Luger Get Together

Have not seen much activity on the General Information page for our get together in March. Is this gathering going to be a go or should we just plan on getting together in individual groups? I want to make my Airline Reservations and plans but can not afford to lay out money if we are not going to be getting together.

Unread 12-27-2001, 07:47 PM   #2
Dok
RIP

Default Re: Luger Get Together

AS far as I know there will be some sort of gathering the weekend following March 6, however it's not clear anyone is organizing this. I plan to be there that weekend.

Unread 12-27-2001, 07:55 PM   #3
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts

IT's still a GO with me!! At my place!!, Either Sat. night (My choice for an informal beer and bull session! Wives definitly invited!) ....or Sun. afternoon.....for an afternoon lunch/brunch, get together/show & tell...same kind of deal, only different!! I'm flexible....till....later....G.T.

Unread 12-27-2001, 08:06 PM   #4
Thor
User

I am planning on March 2 and 3rd for the main stuff, that is the last I heard from Ralph and John Dunkle. I am just about ready to make my hotel reservations so I hope that is the correct date! I am glad you are flexible GT as Ralph had told me he planned a dinner Saturday night and I dont have a clone to go to both! Still dont know know how many or if we are splitting the viewing at Ralphs! Bis Spaeter! Herr Gruen

Unread 12-27-2001, 08:31 PM   #5
Dok
RIP

Default SORRY :( I SCREWED UP...

it's the weekend of March 2nd, NOT the 9th... SORRY

Unread 12-27-2001, 08:36 PM   #6
Jim Van Eldik
User

Robert,

For all the FNG's on this net, when and where is this going to happen and do you have any standards for the type of people allowed to show up? Will there be show and tell -- a chance to shoot?

Jim

Unread 12-27-2001, 08:43 PM   #7
Dok
RIP

We had planned a bit of a mini-convention complete with show and tell etc. However absolutely no one wants to do any work towards that, so it died a quiet death. There will be a visit to Ralph's WOL and a getogether at GT's but that's it as far as I know.

Unread 12-27-2001, 09:40 PM   #8
BILL
User

It's a go for me. I will be there regardless. If end up just swimming in the pool at the hotel, well, I will be there. At least for one week, that is.

Unread 12-27-2001, 11:34 PM   #9
66mustang

I have made plane reservations, hotel, will fly in on the 1st and out on the 4th. I have a WW2 Vet friend I am spending Sunday night with, but otherwise I am free to BS, mingle and all, from Friday till Sunday afternoon

I have a rental car laid on (all courtesy of my Frequent Flyer Miles), so I just need information and we'll have fun!

Ed

Unread 12-27-2001, 11:45 PM   #10
Thor
User

I will be there Thursday afternoon on February 28th so I will be around on Friday for BS and other! Anybody that has a cell phone email me and we will swap them so we can keep in contact during the Lugerfest! ~Thor~

Unread 12-28-2001, 12:14 AM   #11
Thor
User

I will call the place I am staying tomorrow and see if they have a big room we could get to meet in before or after going to Ralph's ~Thor~

Unread 12-28-2001, 09:26 AM   #12
Marvin
User

I plan to arrive on Friday morning if I am not out of town on assignment. I can make my airline reservations rather kate ans still make it. With my work lately, I never know where I will be, but as of now, I will be there.

Marvin

Unread 12-28-2001, 04:33 PM   #13
Tracy

Good idea. Can you post the phone number of the Motel so we all get to the same place?

Unread 12-28-2001, 04:40 PM   #14
Thor
User

The phone number is (602) 843-1151. I will call them in the morning and see if they have a big meeting room we could use. I would also like to meet for breakfast on Saturday to meet everyone and chat before heading out to Ralphs! We are tentatively planning a meeting at GTs for Beer/Bull session on Friday evening, a great viewing of a SUPERB P.38 collection and getting to talk to a great Luger and P.38 dude, Gerry Tomek, oh yeah, he makes great wood bottoms (it aint easy to make em perfect) too! Looks like GTs for B&B Friday night, Breakfast Sat morning, WOL VISIT with our bud Ralph Shattuck (still dont know if two sessions (1/2 at atime because of space) or one session. We need to respect Ralph and Nancy's wishes but I dont them yet. Then off to the adjacent Country Club for a dinner. Sunday is everybodies guess as many will be departing. I am ACTIVELY soliciting participant's CELL PHONE numbers so we can pass those out and everybody can stay in touch as much as possible. So send me those numbers please! ~Thor~

~Thor~

Unread 12-28-2001, 04:48 PM   #15
Tracy

Thor/Ted

Thanks, sounds like things are coming together see you there.

My cell phone is 512-656-7276.

Bob