LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-11-2002, 12:39 PM   #1
Herb
User

Default John

Strange, my CA post was in response to Dan's message but it came up a a new topic??

Unread 04-11-2002, 01:10 PM   #2
66mustang

Default It is still in the thread, did it look separate

on your screen?

It looks normal to me Herb, but sometimes the new items look different in their placement on your message board screen?

Ed

Unread 04-11-2002, 01:55 PM   #3
Sid Gariss

Default Re: John

Herb, the settings that I have will do that on occasion. I believe it has to do with how old the previous posts are. If your preferences are set to show posts up to x number of days, your post may come up as a seperate thread. The rest will then show up when you select it.

Sid.

Unread 04-11-2002, 02:29 PM   #4
Herb
User

Sid, have no idea about my settings, if there are some I am not aware of it. My post did fall into line in the proper thread but it also posted as 'new' in the thread just below this one. Seemed strange, that is using up valuable space on the board, not to mention my useless remarks.

Unread 04-11-2002, 05:12 PM   #5
Sid Gariss

Herb, your settings would be the way you set up your preferences. This can be changed using the set preferences located at the top of the message page. I would say that this is just the default settings. I left this alone for me.

Sid.

Unread 04-11-2002, 06:12 PM   #6
66mustang

Default depends on the version of Internet Explorer too

because my work laptop would not recognize me each time until I adjusted the settings.

I did not have to adjust my settings on my PC although I upgraded around the same time period, because my previous settings were different.

Ed

Unread 04-12-2002, 10:48 AM   #7
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Hi Herb..!!

Actually, Sid is right on taget... Thanks Sid..! The Forum "default" is to view messages that are posted within the previous 4 days. So - when replied to that thread - your post will stand "alone" on the main page, as the previous posts are "hidden" as they are older then the allotted time. Each board user can modify their settings to their own liking by tapping the "Set Preferences" link at the top of the page (assuming their Cookies work:-).... Also - I want to publically THANK SID! For his notes, comments and e-mails to me as I've been trying to troubleshoot the programming on this site...

Thanks Sid!

Also - I'm working on a MAJOR Board software upgrade - so those with Cookie problems - if you want to try out and see if the Cookie Problem is resolved in the new programming/code drop - it would be much appreciated! (ALSO - IT IS A DEVELOPMENT BOARD ONLY - so messages posted THERE will NOT appear here . Let me know if this works for you Frank, Hugh and Bob if you have a moment...

Development Board (BETA ONLY!)
Unread 04-12-2002, 01:51 PM   #8
Sid Gariss

I hope my comments were of some help. I will try and pass on anything else I can think of to help.

Sid.