LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 12-25-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
Capt Art
User

Default Mauser code 42 1940

Help please on Mauser code 42 dated 1940. Recently purchased but have seen 2 different types of mag bottoms -- plastic and aluminum. Can you tell me what is correct? Thanks, Art
Capt Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2004, 12:07 PM   #2
Frank
RIP
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Capt Art, the 1940 Lugers are very interesting with respect to the magazines issued with the pistol. Any magazine marked "fxo" were not issued with 1940 Lugers, including any black plastic bottom magazines.

The magazine issued with these Lugers depend on the serial number (S/N), including the letter suffix, if there is one. The possibilities are:

1) Aluminum bottom with S/N and Waffenamt (WaA) Mark E/655

2) Aluminum bottom, center pin Marked "122" on the side with S/N and WaA E/37 on the top section of the aluminum part.

3) Aluminum bottom, center pin Marked "122" on the side with S/N and WaA E/37 on the right center section of the aluminum part.

4) Aluminum bottom, center pin Marked "122" on the side with S/N on the bottom (NO WaA bottom marks).

If you can give me the serial number, I might be able to narrow the field a bit.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2004, 12:15 PM   #3
Capt Art
User

Hi Frank --
Many thanks for the reply. At the present and for another week we are in our RV about 270 miles north of our home in southern Florida. Will be glad to send you the S/N when we arrive back home. Again thanks, and I shall print out your great info. Art
Capt Art is offline   Reply With Quote