LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 06-17-2002, 05:08 PM   #1
Mike-
New User

Post .380 Erma Luger for trade

Hello (First post here [img]smile.gif[/img] )

I recently acquired a Erma-Werke Mod. KGP 68a in .380, I can't seem to find *any* of these for sale so I'm assuming they are rather rare. I would say it is in excellent condition with only around 50 rounds through it and has a repro extractor fitted on it right now. Other than that it is totally original with the checkered plastic grips.

What I am looking for in this trade is a shootable but presentable 9mm Luger. I am fairly new to the world of Luger's but have always been interested in them [img]smile.gif[/img]

For pictures see: http://www.angelfire.com/fl5/busts/index.html

Reply here or drop me an email at mtetlow@bellsouth.net with your offers.

Thanks alot,
Mike

EDIT: Bah bad link
Mike- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2002, 07:12 PM   #2
Roadkill
User

I'll try to be tactful with this but if it sounds a little unfriendly its not meant to be so. Erma was a well known WWI & WWII firearms maker, made a series of submachine guns and other weapons for the military. Post war attempts to enter the firearms market were not very successful. They made a series of .22,.25, &.32 semiautos that were ok, a M1 carbine copy in .22 that was a pretty good gun, and then the Lugers in .22 & .380, also a carbine version of the same. They stopped making all of them in the early 70's. Problems with them is in the metal. A magnet will not stick to them nor will any finish. They are also notorious in jamming. All said, at best you have a $225. value, realistically about $175. A basic Luger that works starts at $400.00. Yes, you have a German Luger. No, its not a "real" commercial or military version as mfg'd by Erfurt, DWM, or Mauser. And welcome to the forum. I've been around a few months and have learned a lot, you will also.

RK
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2002, 07:37 PM   #3
Herb
User

I agree with RK, I have one of those things. I gave up trying to blue the worn spots and finally spray painted it with epoxy paint. I fired it to scare away a couple of coyotes hanging around too close to the house and the first round was it, the second stove piped. If I recall I have been able to get off around three shots before it jammed. I keep it only because it is a neat looking pistol and it was a gift.
Unread 06-17-2002, 07:57 PM   #4
Mike-
New User

I appreciate the up frontness guys [img]smile.gif[/img]

I suppose I'll put it up on gunbroker and then save some cash for a nice P08 [img]wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info,
Mike
Mike- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2002, 08:14 PM   #5
Roadkill
User

Unless you just have to sell it just keep it. They look good, and I haven't heard of one blowing up, probably cause they won't shoot enough to wear out. And this is from a guy who never paid less for a gun than what it was worth and never got his money back on it.

RK
Unread 06-17-2002, 08:56 PM   #6
unspellable
User

I have one of these in 32 ACP and wonder of wonders, so far it has gone bang every time it is supposed to, at least with hardball. Since it is basically a toy, I'll only use hardball. If I have the only one that works, I'll hang onto it. (Now if I can only figure out how to get it apart to clean it...)

unspellable
unspellable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2002, 09:43 PM   #7
Roadkill
User

I had one of their .22 carbines, was a good gun, very accurate, everytime I took it apart to clean I had to bring it over to a friend in a bucket to help me get it back together. It really took three hands. Pins had to go in and out the same way, springs couldn't be reversed, one of those hold together, drop in with a twist then turn as you pull it backwards and push the spring down as the operating rod is pushed forward then pulled back and down. Spray some break free on it and wipe it out. I think Thor had one a while back, don't know if he got it apart or not but he couldn't refinish it

RK
Unread 07-01-2002, 11:51 PM   #8
Herb
User

Thumbs up

Mike, apparently there is still some hope for your Erma. take a look at
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/Vie...p?Item=4467963
The opening bid was placed by the seller, let's see where it goes!
Unread 07-02-2002, 12:16 AM   #9
Doug G.
User

Well, I for one don't think that they are all that bad! Of course I don't shoot mine as they are both NIB one in .32acp and one in .380. I also have one is .22, but it did go boom and let the extractor fly! I was shooting at an indoor range and have never found the extractor! Funny thing is that I would only take this gun out once or twice avery couple of years. I might be selling mine if anyone is interested?