LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 08-12-2004, 11:06 AM   #1
MIKE MORRIS
User

Post SS police engraved Mauser pistol

Hi all...just thought some might be interested. I know it's not a Luger, but..... This SS officer was from Flensburg Germany, so I contacted the police chief there and obtained his service and personal lif's records. Then we went to where he was buried and even met his daughter. Also aquired was his personal SS police photo album detailing his triming at different camps and his wherpass showing the serial # of the pistol where he did his proficiency shooting with it. Thanks....Mike Morris

Morris
Unread 08-13-2004, 08:10 PM   #2
USMC
User

Wow....that is some amazing stuff, I have a love for anything historical and of german relation. Were you able to get any info from this gentlemens daughter? That really must have been a treat to receive all that information and to learn a little about the life of that soldier. You can share anything like this here at the forum, and I think I speak for the rest of the forum members also!
Unread 08-15-2004, 09:50 AM   #3
MIKE MORRIS
User

USMC.......yes, I stayed in Flensburg for about a week doing this any reminescing of the hotel buys of years gone by. I used to go there many years ago with Heinrich Lutjens, the nephew of Gunther Lutjens, the commander of the Bismark. He introduced me to many contacts there that led to this SS police officer. I have many fond memories of those times and of the time I met his daughter. The police chief acted as my translater ans I learned pretty much of what Jensen was like. He is buried in a church cemetary with his wife. She told me of seeing her father with this pistol as he put it on to go out. She often wondered what happened to it. What I gather is it was taken from him upon interrogation by a British officer in his home. I bought it from the Brit through a friend of his. I was intrigued by the possibility of finding out about the SS man himself and that's what started my search. Times have changed so much since those days.....we can't go and find things like this anymore. The German collectors have pretty much caught on to the value of militaria and have bought up most of what's left. plus the Euro has outpaced the dollar to where it's just not economical anymore. Hope this adds a little more to the background. Thanks for being interested.........Mike
Unread 08-16-2004, 12:00 PM   #4
USMC
User

Mike,

How many years have you been following up/gathering info on him? Did Jensen survive to see the end of the war? Its amazing what a little time and research can do for the imagination. Thanks for posting this topic its very interesting!
Unread 08-16-2004, 10:55 PM   #5
MIKE MORRIS
User

UCMC......I followed up on him right after I got the gun. I know quite a few people in Flensburg as I've been there a lot. It just so happened that the police chief and I met during one of my hotel buys as he is a collector also. We've spent some good times together through the years traveling the countryside and the harbors chasing down the calls answering my ads in the paper. He researched the police files and came up with all this data on the SS man. It pays to have friends in the right places.....And he has been very helpful in finding items for me. As soon as I get time I'll send you some scans of the pictures in his album. There is some fantastic shots of the SS police in parades and formations in Berlin, about 200 + pictures, uniforms and gear. And some " informal " shots of him and a chic in his tent. Even those guys had a sense of humor....write when you can..Mike
Unread 08-17-2004, 04:32 PM   #6
USMC
User

Mike,

That would be great, I'd love to here more about this. You can send the pictures to Welder1316@aol.com, or If you just want to post here that would be good too. I'm sure everyone else would like to see pictures also. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about all the info you've gathered.
Unread 08-17-2004, 06:51 PM   #7
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts
Absolutely, very interesting

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote