LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 07-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #41
padredan
User

well as you know i do own and carry a springfield hi cap, embel frame SA upper with wilson internals, enough about that. If they do not make them anymore, try para ord, about the same gun , i use para ord hi cap mags with the sa. Gotta be some good used ones out there ,sooner or later you will find what you want, I am old school , the armors that trained me ,taught me fit was everything ,loose bushing ment shooting in the general direction, tight bushing ,fitted and you hit your target, since the 1911's hit the big 100, seems everybody is making one. I have had the younger shooters bringing me more parts ,that they must be paying more than they did for the pistol,but it;s their money.Only the one doing the shooting can decide what is best for them. I had old hardcore armors school me,then i got old and took on their ways.I am not closed minded, but i just know what works. or what works for me. there is a saying "you pays your money and takes your chance" padre
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02456.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	27890  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05168.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	27891  

Unread 07-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #42
padredan
User

the bottom pistol is a colt NM gold cup ss upper,nm barell and bushing ,note bushing, you decide.
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #43
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

Hi,

In modern production 1911a1 pistols, I'm partial to the Springfield offerings. Pistols like the Kimber CDP Pro II, which is beautifully made, are it's considerably more expensive.

I actually prefer the standard capacity 1911a1 because of the thinner profile. 8+1 or 7+1 is an adequate load for most personal defense situations.

There can be a difference between the fit and finish of different individual Springfield pistols within the same model. The triggers tend to be a bit stiff out of the factory as well. It's wise to get to a dealer that has some in stock, and actually compare the specific pistols you're considering. Last year at Camp Perry, Springfield brought a few dozen 1911a1 pistols to their dealer display, which allowed selection of the one that felt best. That was an ideal situation.

Marc
The following member says Thank You to mrerick for your post: