LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 08-17-2001, 06:46 PM   #1
Daniel
User

Default ? Artillery screws

Does anyone know which is correct for the screws and washers on a Artie rig; brass or steel? And would the steel be blued? Seems like I've seen both.

Unread 08-17-2001, 11:22 PM   #2
tom h

Default Re: ? Artillery screws

Daniel, To the best of my recollection, the original LPO8 stock screw were steel with brass washers under each one.

Unread 08-18-2001, 05:24 PM   #3
Marvin
User

Daniel,

I bought a repro artillery holster with all the straps, studs, etc. to go with my original shoulder stock several months ago and I looked at some photos of an original rig, and then went to the Home Depot in the specialty screw section and found steel screws, and some decorative brass washers that looked as close as I could find to the original and put the rig together. These screws and washers were the smallest they had in the specialty section and I feel they are about as close as you can come.

I am only home for 1 1/2 days, otherwise, I would get the name of the manufacturer and the part number, but I will not have the time. Just go to one of the bigger dealers like Home Depot and take a look at their selection. Good Luck!

Marvin

Unread 08-20-2001, 11:23 AM   #4
Daniel
User

Thanks to you both, I'll give it a try .

Unread 08-21-2001, 07:14 PM   #5
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,429 Posts

DANIEL, There are four steel screws and four brass washers that attach the closing strap to the holster. As far as I know the steel screws are in the white. No blue. There is another steel screw and steel washer that holds the strap around the toe of the holster that connects to the boot. This large washer and screw also are in the white to the best of my knowledge. If you need these I know of a machinest that offers them for sale. Let me know if you need them and I will give you his address . Jerry