LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 01-29-2010, 12:13 AM   #1
aolis110
User

Default 42 code owner just joined up

Hi, everyone,I'm the proud owner of a Code 42 I've had for twenty five years. It has all matching numbers except the magazine. As soon as I get a new camera ,I'll post some pictures. This site is very informative. I see price of lugers has sure gone up. I paid only $300.00 for my luger at the time. I have recently come across some luger parts which include the barrel/extension and toggle assembly. I would like to eventually build a shooter.Can you guys tell me how difficult it would be,and where I could find build information?
aolis110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts

Where to start?
For parts check with LugerDoc here.
Scroll the shooting and repairs columns here. U-Tube has lots of assembly clips, & may or may not have building info. There was a video for sale regarding working on Lugers but I have no idea if that is worth your $.
I'd suggest beginning your search for parts and float problems here as they arise.
But be prepared to spend money on this project. I'm betting that unless you have all the parts you could buy a shooter-level gun for a lot less than you could build one. The little stuff will nickle and dime you to death.
Unless you are in love with this project, why not sell your parts and buy a shooter?
Regardless, welcome, good luck and keep us posted.
dju
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
c3006
User

Welcome and you just recieved some solid advice from David. c