LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Gun Show Announcements & Discussion

Unread 05-02-2004, 12:20 AM   #1

Post Ft. Myers, FL show

I went to a gun show in Ft. Myers today (Sat.). There were many more Lugers and accessories than usual, nothing too cheap. One attendee was roaming around with a snail drum, real nice original (I think). He seemed to think it was worth $1200, probably from reading something. But, I suspect he would have jumped on a good offer (not from me). I was a little tempted by a $49 holster in great condition, probably a repro. but the seller claimed not. IHMO, the guns are neat but most of the other stuff reminds me too much of the Nazis.

Guns ranged from a mint $5000 1900 Luger down to a really nice refinished .30 commercial (tempting for this old shooter to make an offer since it was really really nice and priced at $750--but .30 ammo is not available at Wal-Mart).

The cheapest shooter was about $650 or so, but offers can always be made. There was a rough artillery for $1500. There was also a rough Erfort for around $750 and probably about 15 collectables from around $1000 to $1800. I wouldn't trust my judgement on any of these, but they're not my flavor anyway.
Unread 05-02-2004, 05:16 PM   #2
Jerry
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

The guy with the snail drum got the price from the Blue Book. It was a first issue. He had a problem trying to load 9mm in it. They would not fit.I took a pass on it. Something didn't seem right.
Unread 05-02-2004, 11:42 PM   #3

Jerry,

I assume you were at the Ft. Myers show. Is that right? Do you live in the Ft. Myers area? What are your firearms interests?