LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-31-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,920 Times in 1,193 Posts
Default Fact finding mission, early Interarms

Guys,

I'm trying to find some examples of guns marked according to an internal Mauser directive. It's a bit of a long story and it involves the difference between frame ear curves on the 1969-1971 Mauser Parabellum pistols opposed to the frame ear curves of 1971 - 1972 Mauser Parabellum pistols. A design change was made in 1971 that rendered the existing frames on stock useless for building 9mm pistols. The choice was made to mark those frames accordingly and use them exclusively for building .30 luger pistols. The illustration shows the difference in frame ear curves between the Swiss 06/29 (and Mauser 06/70) and a wartime mauser P08.

What am I looking for?

The guns are Interarms or neutral Mauser Parabellum pistols in .30 luger, produced between 1969 and 1972 with the Swiss style frame:

-The serial numbers are most likely to be in the 3000 - 4000 series (10.003000 and 10.004000) and the question is if a heart shaped marking, roughly 2.5mm in size is present on the frame (hidden from plain sight). The marking is placed below the hole drilled for the safety lever, covered by the grip.

If you have a Mauser Parabellum within this approximate serial number range, I'm interested in the serial number, type (Swiss/Interarms/etc..) and whether or not the heart shaped marking is present on the frame somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Curves.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	3967  

Attached Images

Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote