LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 02-14-2014, 04:51 AM   #1
TheRomanhistorian
User

Default Webley MK VI problem (trigger stuck)

Hi all,

You chaps (and ladies) are a font of knowledge so I thought I'd check here as well as on a few British weapon fora. I just won a Webley Mk VI (1919 date) with Australian markings at an auction for $150. There is one problem: I can't pull the trigger. It goes a few mm and the hammer starts back but then stops completely. I can't manually pull back the hammer for single action either. I'm in the middle of the wait period so I can't diagnose it properly but any thoughts? I had thought (given the dust bunnies in the bore, cylinders, and elsewhere) that it might be just dried up grease/oil/whatever but could there be other reasons? I have no problem with it being a parts gun or display piece given the price I paid but I had it in mind for a long-term project, too.

Honestly, I only wanted it for the cylinder and I have enough Webleys that this doesn't really need to shoot but, of course, I'd like to use it properly if it can be fixed. Everything else on it is fine.

Michael

Nos morituri te salutant - Supposed saying of the gladiators to the emperor ('We, who are about to die, salute you.')

'We are the lantern bearers, my friend; for us to keep something burning, to carry what light we can forward into the darkness and the wind' - From Rosemary Sutcliff's The Lantern Bearers
TheRomanhistorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2014, 05:07 AM   #2
alanint
User

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,192 Posts

You may have a broken hammer spring. Webley's use a long and very brittle "v" shaped spring, which is prone to breakage with use/abuse.

Once you take the sideplate off the problem should be obvious.
alanint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 08:38 AM   #3
gerard
User

May I suggest you this publication : http://www.hlebooks.com/ebook/webload.htm

You will find a lot of details about the functioning of this revolver.

gerard is offline   Reply With Quote