LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 10-15-2004, 08:10 AM   #1
andreas
New User

Post Walther 6,35 pistol

Hi there,

I'm a newby to this forum, well a friend of mine told to check here for infomations about a gun a friend gave me a couple of weeks ago. Here it is, certainly is a Walther, but i couldn't figure it out any product detail.I had checked on the Walther's page but still no match, well it looks like a Walther model 2 or 5, but a bit different, perhaps different contractors. I also found in a book about those markings on the receiver and barrel, the letter N+crown, that says that was intended for the civilian market. This is it. If you have any information, please let me know.

Thanx Andrej

Pics

http://www.avc-sp.si/sang.htm
andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2004, 09:38 AM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
that would be a Walther Model 5...

Here is a photo of an identical gun that was sold by the German auction house Hermann-Historica a few years ago, but in much better condition. (Wish it were mine!)

Welcome to the Lugerforum!

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2004, 01:12 PM   #3
andreas
New User

Thanks a lot.
I was wondering if it is possible to know something more. Well, this gun of mine, was a gift from someone who worked for the old Yugoslav secret service, who fought in WW2. I was looking to find out how did it get here in first place, well i guess it got here in WW2, but does anybody know if this kind of gun was ever used by any German army unit, since i found those markings being used for the civilian market. Ok, someone could bought it before going to the front, but i'm still wondering that is a pretty old gun for WW2, correct if i am wrong.
Unread 10-15-2004, 03:20 PM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
This gun may have been confiscated and retained by some member of the old Yugoslav Secret Service... I doubt that it would have been issued by them, for the same reason that you mentioned... it is an old gun. Probably someone's personal firearm.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2004, 09:29 AM   #5
minigun
User

Whoa!
I'm always seeing different little German guns here that I'd never seen nor heard about. Neat little gun.
minigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2004, 10:00 AM   #6
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,882 Times in 1,186 Posts
Hi,

These little pistols were introduced by Walher in 1913 and were quickly replaced during WW1 with improved models.

As it has a German commercial crown-N proof, it's most likely a WW1 private purchase or officer's side-arm (who were expected to purchase their sidearms themselves and favored small pistols for several reasons, one was that being seen publically wearing a pistol in plain sight was 'not done' in upper-class society).
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2004, 01:08 PM   #7
andreas
New User

Thannks a lot. That is a quiet interesting point.
Thanks again.