LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 02-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
Edwyn Hanson
New User

Default My Two Lugers

Hello to all from a new member. I will start with info about my two lugers. I have a 1906 American Eagle luger in .30 luger caliber, serial number 55127. The gun is in excellent condition with matching numbers. However, it has an interesting story told to me by the dealer I bought it from and a police officer who happened to be present at the time. This gun was stolen from a local woman during a home invasion robbery. The people who took it thought that it would be untraceable if they buffed off the American eagle marking. So they did. It was later retrieved when they were arrested and I was able to buy it for about half the price it would be if left unaltered. It is a real shame that such a fine gun was ruined as a collector's item! My other luger is a model 29/70 Mauser parabellum, serial number 10.002317, sold to Interarms by Mauser in March, 1971. It is also a .30 luger. I have had numerous WWI and WWII lugers in the past and wish I had kept them now due to the prices they bring! But, I still have these two lugers in excellent condition so I'll be happy with what I have! Thanks for listening.
Edwyn Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Edwyn Hanson for your post:
Unread 02-08-2009, 02:08 PM   #2
Robert Wiggins
User

Default My two Lugers - Hanson

Welcome to the forum Edwyn. I'm sure you will find no end of educational material here. I look foward to seeing some pictures of you two P08's. Why don't you set up an album or post the pics directly into a post. I'm sure we would all like to see them.

Welcome
Robert Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote