LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 03-05-2010, 01:42 AM   #1
wcmaas
User

Default 1916 Erfurt - range report

After posting questions on this site about my first Luger, a 1916 Erfurt, I finally went to the range. I have never fired a Luger before and what an experience! Ran 100 rounds of standard pressure 115gr ball reloaded ammo through it with only 2 glitches. One FTRB and one smokestack. Both glitches were with new mags (not using the old ones) and may have been a break-in thing. Accurate, comfortable and if I squint enough, VERY precise sights.

There was a WWII vet at the range who said he was on the business end of guns like that. Loaded a mag for him and he ran her to toggle lock - big smile from him!

I am so happy! Every time I have bought a used gun I figure there is a good chance I might have an expensive paperweight and that feeling was looming with this gun due to it's age. Will post pics as soon as I can get my photo card reader working again.

For the record - I GOT THE BUG!
wcmaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
Balder
User

Bill,

Glad to hear about your first Luger range-experience and welcome to the sick bay! We look forward to hearing about your upcoming Lugers as well - because there will be more. I am speaking from experience...

Balder
Balder is offline   Reply With Quote