LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Unit Markings

Unread 03-27-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
paddy314
New User

Default New to forum, H. P. Luger

Hello All

I am new to the forum, and I must say I find it fascinating. What brings me here is a Luger inherited by a family friend. I have been trying to find information on it for some time. I have found Luger collectors to be an outstanding group. Everyone I have had contact with has been great.

I spoke with Don M, and he was most helpful. He suggested that I post a thread here. Please bear with me, I have never done this before.

The pistol is a DWM with sear safety and stock lug ground off. All parts are matching serial numbered (7594u). The front of the grip strap is marked "H. P. 137."

This marking also appears on the right side of the receiver and on the spine of the magazine.

The magazine base is aluminum and marked with the serial number, the number 2, S/42, and what appears to be an eagle over the number 164.

Sadly, this pistol has been nickel or chrome plated. I believe there is a proof mark on the left side of the frame, just above the takedown lever, but I can't make it out.

This pistol has been on a closet shelf since 1967 when the gentleman who brought it back from the war passed away. Family lore has it that he was in an Armored unit that was involved in the Battle of the Bulge.

I have asked the family member to look for the related capture papers and service records. The have seen them, long ago.

Any information you may have about this pistol would be greatly appreciated. I am especially interested in the unit marking and whether or not this pistol should be restored. Your thoughts are much appreciated.

You can e-mail me at paddy314@adelphia.net or call me at (859)509-8114.

I am working on the pictures. My wife is the technological one!

Thanks

Ron Wyatt
paddy314 is offline   Reply With Quote