LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 12-27-2001, 11:25 PM   #1
Bob in AZ
User

Default Mauser (Interarms) Lugers ???

I'm still a babe in the woods with my Luger knowledge. Appreciate all the help you fine folks have to offer.

Saw a (new) Mauser Luger in the gun shop. I believe it had Interarms on the right side. Has a 4 barrel in 9mm, eagle on chamber, front of grip is flat all the way down, grip safety, in mint condition with box, price is $795.

Q:I was wondering what Luger collectors think of these. Also is this price fair? Any other info concerning these types of Luger will be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Unread 12-27-2001, 11:57 PM   #2
Doug
User

Default Re: Mauser (Interarms) Lugers ???

Maybe I'm living in the past, but I have never paid over $500 for one NIB. Granted the last one I got was at least three years ago. $795 is not bad, but call Simpsons and see if he'll do any better. He is having a hard time moving the Interarms guns right now. As far as collectability I think that they are next on the list to start getting some attention. If your looking for an investment buy a pre WWII gun. If your looking for a shooter buy a mis-match for $350-$450.

My .02

Unread 12-28-2001, 01:27 AM   #3
Herbert

Just bought one like new, no box, $500. Nice to shoot, not collectible.

Unread 12-28-2001, 01:39 AM   #4
Matt
User

I paid $695 for one new in the box a year and a half ago. From what I have read, they don't appeal much to collectors because they are a "hybrid," a cross between a German and Swiss Luger.

However, they are nice pistols, much better looking in my opinion than the current stainless Lugers that are so controversial.

I have not fired mine so I can't comment on how they shoot. The 2000 edition of the "Blue Book of Gun Values" lists these as being worth $825 in 100 percent condition.

Unread 12-28-2001, 08:36 AM   #5
The Shadow Knows

Default NIB only

At this point in time...collectible only when NIB. That will change, eventually. (but, why wait?) I would love to have one NIB of each variation 'stashed' in my safe! You would make more money, however, by stashing the Nazi era guns..in 99% condition.

The Shadow Knows!

hehehehehehehehehe

Unread 12-28-2001, 11:09 AM   #6
TIMOTHY CANNEY

Default Re: NIB only

I have one NIB and love it! It's kind of neat to have a "new" Luger. If you can get him down to $750.00, buy it. Check with Dave or Bob Simpson. I was there yesterday and they had a few. I doubt though if you will be able to buy one NIB for less than $800.00. If you don't buy it let me know, as I wouldn't mind having another.

Best Regards,

Tim Canney

Unread 12-28-2001, 12:28 PM   #7
Bob in AZ
User

Default THANKS for the info!!!

I kind of thought from checking the book value that this Luger was price at the top end. Again I appreciate everyone reply. This really helps in giving and "rounded" view of collecting.

Bob

Unread 12-28-2001, 08:07 PM   #8
Matt
User

Default Re: THANKS for the info!!!

BTW, the Mauser Parabellums were made in the 1970s off of machinery purchased from the Swiss. That is why most of them have the "Swiss style" grip frame, although some also were made with a German style frame and these are worth more.

As I said, I think they are nice pistols. I would love to shoot mine, but being NIB, I just can't bring myself to do so, but I may shoot it sometime anyway. I wish they would make them again.