LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 08-20-2001, 02:17 PM   #1
Rob Regers

Default BARRELS...

CAN I PUT A WW2-WW1 GERMAN LUGER BARREL-TOGGLE ASSEMBLY ON MY STOEGER-AIMCO LUGER? THE MAGAZINES ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE BUT I KNOW THE TRIGGERPLATE AND SOME OTHER MINOR PARTS ARE.

Unread 08-20-2001, 06:39 PM   #2
Heinz
User

Default Re: BARRELS...

Bob, I do not know the answer to that question, but I am curious as to why you would want to do that. What would be the up side? better barrel? Hakan seems to have the updated barrel/toggle down. Are you looking to put a new barrel made for a P08 on your AIMCO?

I ask because the AIMCO is one of the options I am considering for purchase.

Unread 08-20-2001, 06:51 PM   #3
Rob Regers

Just plain curiosity! My Aimco/stoeger is in excellent condition. I was just curious if I could maybe buy an artillery barrel and put it on for fun. I love my navy luger sighted in dead accurate at 20 yards. Built to last!

Unread 08-20-2001, 07:39 PM   #4
larry
User

I have an original and a Repro and mine will not work. Very close but the stainless is too tight in the original receiver. Why not just pick up a shooter original Luger?

Unread 08-21-2001, 12:14 AM   #5
Rob Regers

very hard to come by in my neck of the woods. and i do not like to buy guns over the net, for all i know an excellent shooter can have a clapped out barrel,loose springs, and shoot to the left3 ft at 10 yards.i like to physically see my merchandise

Unread 08-21-2001, 08:37 AM   #6
tom h

Rob, Unless AIMCO has made some design changes to their receiver since the 35xx range, they will NOT accept standard PO8 barrels and toggles without major machine work. Given enough time and money almost any thing is possible for a talented machinist. You may want to check my SHOOTER ad in the forum classified, which has many factory rehabed (new springs & parts added to make these very reliable) import PO8s starting @$450. Plus I check them over for safety and function which I guarantee. Tom h

Unread 08-22-2001, 08:54 AM   #7
tom h

Default Re: AIMCO

Rob, I suggest that you contact Aimco directly for the info you seek @ 5123 Gulfton, Houston, Tx. 77081.

Unread 08-22-2001, 03:22 PM   #8
Rob Regers

Default Re: AIMCO

If id had known of the incompatibilities I probably would have purchased an original luger. As much as I love my stoeger i dont like the fact that I can only buy parts from them. Totally contrary to my m1911a1. In the future I may pick up a cheap shooter for fun.