LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 02-18-2001, 07:10 PM   #1
Matt
User

Default SOG Lugers

SOG has a number of different Lugers for sale. I was thinking about ordering either a World War I or double date Luger. SOG's flyer says the pistols have matching numbers. Anybody seen any of the SOG Lugers? What kind of condition and what is the finish like?

Unread 02-19-2001, 07:59 PM   #2
Marvin
User

Default Re: SOG Lugers

Matt,

I tried to provide you with an answer this morning, but my computer acted up and it did not post, so here goes again.

I have not seen the SOG Lugers, but they are probably the East German reworks and this is why the numbers all match. many of these reworks have the barrel replaced and you get a really nice bore with lot of shooting life in them. The East German reworks I have seen are in very good condition and make excellent shooters. I also feel that these pistols should have a place in anyones collection because they have been reworked by a Government authority. The finishes I have seen were the salt, or dip blue and seem to be a little better quality than the Russian reworks with nothing done except dip blue them over all the pitting, and bad bores.

As with ordering any of these pistols, you never know what you will receive until it arrives, but I have heard that SOG will replace any firearm that is not as advertised. Go for it and I hope you get a really nice one. Let us know what you get and how it looks.

Marvin

Unread 02-20-2001, 02:10 PM   #3
Dieter Kastel

Default Re: SOG Lugers

I have a Luger (Erfurt 1918) wich was worked over in Eastern Germany. It has the new barrel an is shooting excellent. My gun was worked over in the 50's and since then it was never shot. The numbers are matching, but the complete top got new numbers, they are a little bit bigger and more modern. Dieter from Germany. P.S.: sorry for my bad english

Unread 02-20-2001, 03:52 PM   #4
RET
User

Default Gr�¼�?e Dieter

Willkommen zum Lugerforum

Keine Entschuldigungen ben�¶tigt! Sie lesen mein schreckliches Deutsches! ;-)

Bester Respekt,

Bob

Unread 02-20-2001, 08:04 PM   #5
Matt
User

Default East German Lugers

Marvin,

Thanks for the info. The Luger I bought a year ago has a mint bore, so that tells me it must be an East-German rework. Unfortunately all markings, except for "P.08" on the side, were removed. I don't know if I'll actually buy one of the SOG Lugers. I'm always thinking about buying something, even when I don't have the money. But if I do, I'll let you guys know how it turns out.