LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 01-28-2002, 09:02 PM   #1
tom collins

Default C & R FFL

well, i've done it now! sent off the app's today! the bug's a bite'n hard. ouch!

any idea how long it will take to get back?

Unread 01-28-2002, 09:06 PM   #2
REB

Default Re: C & R FFL

I got mine in 14 days, that was last June.

Regards,

Rod

Unread 01-28-2002, 09:18 PM   #3
Dok
RIP

Mine took three weeks... back in May.

Unread 01-28-2002, 11:01 PM   #4
Dan Clemons
User

My C&R took two weeks while the California COE took three weeks. Never missing a chance to make money, California charges came up with the COE. Plus, we still have to pay to have the guns registered. It does eliminate the 10 day waiting period and the high cost $70 here) hassel of dealing with a local FFL.

Dan

Unread 01-28-2002, 11:32 PM   #5
Lonnie Zimmerman
User

Default Re: ..what does register mean

Dan; does this mean what I think it means?

Lonnie

Unread 01-29-2002, 06:46 AM   #6
Marvin
User

Tom,

On some of the other C&R Forums, I have read that the applications are taking as much as 3-4 months. Don't dispair that you don't get it back in 3-4 weeks, which in normal times is about right, but may take longet now.

As far as "registration" is concerned, some States have differnt rules, like California, which make things more difficult. Normally, the Federal requirements are to send an original signed COPY of your license to the seller. Once you receive the firearm, just log it into your "Bound Book" and thats it. The ATF has the right to check your books once a year, but I have never been checked in over 7 years. Remember, READ THE ATF REGULATIONS and follow them to the letter!

Enjoy the license, it sure is a money pit, ha, ha, ha.

Marvin

Unread 01-29-2002, 07:24 AM   #7
Dok
RIP

Default Re: ..what does register mean

I don't know what it means in CA, but in MA all firearms (even C & R) must be registered, and of course you get to pay for the priviledge of doing that. IN MA you have 30 days to send in your registration to the state authorities with complete info (model caliber serial number etc etc) so we have prevent all those 7-11 holdups and drive-by shooting that we all are perpetrating!

Unread 01-29-2002, 03:32 PM   #8
Herb
User

Default Re: C & R FFL--For Dan

Dan what the heck if the CA COE? I moved out of CA in 99 and up until that time I had made purches from all over the US and never 'registered' anything with CA. The seller and I just made the entries in our 'bound' ledger and that was that. Is this COE some new CA law? When UPS drops off the gun even they don't know what is in the box, how would CA know what you were buying, registering or not? Sounds like just another one of their ripping off the taxpayer ploys.

Unread 01-30-2002, 09:17 AM   #9
tom h

Default Re: California transfers

Herb, Even before 1999, all weapons "imported" into the state of Calif. were SUSPOSED to go thru a TRANSFER dealer, so that he could fill out a DROS (dealer record of sale) and send the state it's $11 for every transfer in the state. The COE that you mentioned is something new since I moved from the "Peoples Republic", but probably has to do with the drop test that determines if a pistol is even allowed to be sold to a Calif resident. Since you could go out of state and legally purchase a C&R pistol on your FCL and bring it back in Calif (although I've heard stories of buyers being stopped and cars searched at the Agricultural Check points, and having guns and mags over 10 rounds confiscated, when returning from a Reno Gun Show), it's a bit rediculous, for a C&R holder to want to pay $25 dollars or more, to go thru a transfer dealer to remain legal. I'm sure that your not the only one to avoid this. Tom h.

Unread 01-31-2002, 06:56 PM   #10
Herb
User

It's not that I tried (but succeded) in avoiding the CA requirements, I had no idea they existed. To be truthful, if I had known nothing would have changed. In my opinion, after living in Sacramento for over 22 years, that state sucks! I moved to Utah in 99, had been here less than 6 months and applied for and recieved my CCW permit. You know what my primary concern was, that I was from California. Utah has a 'must issue' policy on CCW's, if you are clean, you get it. Remember the police cheif of Isleton, I beleive, was issuing them to anyone that meet the requirements and passed the background check, well they fired his butt, but he did nothing wrong. CA does not want you to defend yourself as YOU are NOT qualified to determine if YOUR life is in danger! Anyone, in any state can apply for a Utah CCW, just take the course of instruction, pass the check and it's yours. Right now Alaska, Arkansas, Kentucky, Texas and Utah have reciprocity agreements. If you live in CA, I advise you to look to retire somewhere else, they have nothing to offer except more and more restrictions and taxes and levies and higher crime rates because the bad guy know you aren't armed. Forgive me, I am so glad to live in Utah.