LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 03-15-2004, 08:07 PM   #1
Aaron
Banned

Post Luger Stock on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...7&category=135
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2004, 12:54 AM   #2
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts
An interesting stock, but does not replicate any original Luger stock. Therefore it is not legal with ANY Luger with a barrel length less than 16". It is fortunate that the seller states that it is attached to a dummy Luger, otherwise he/she would be in violation of the law and in deep doodoo.
Unread 03-16-2004, 01:05 AM   #3
Aaron
Banned

Granted it does not replicate any original Luger stock. But if it is an aftermarket prewar stock it should have collector interest similar to the Ideal holster/stock, don't you think?
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2004, 01:18 AM   #4
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts
Nope. I doubt very seriously that it is an aftermarket prewar stock. I have never seen any reference that illustrated this type of attachment hardware. I would guess that it is a modern item made up by a gunsmith or machinist. Even an Ideal holster/stock had to have an application to BATF for exemption. Unless there is documented provinance for this stock and a BATF exemption granted, it is illegal to be attached to a Luger with less than a 16" barrel. If you own a short barreled Luger and do not own a 16" barreled Luger also, you cannot legally own this stock. If you don't own a Luger, no problem.
Unread 03-16-2004, 10:09 AM   #5
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
I concur completely with Ron Wood. I believe that if my memory is not fooling me that this is a typical stock that was sold with non-firing" replica lugers in the early 1970's. As Ron has stated, it really resembles nothing that is genuine Luger... The stock iron is completely different. I would say it is nothing more than a novelty... certainly not worth the current auction price.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote