LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 06-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
SteveM
User

Default 6 inch P08 9mm

If anyone is looking for one of these here ya go:

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/di...emnum=10427724
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
Conny
User

All the firearms I want always come out of the woodwork when I'm broke. Life is cruel sometimes.
Unread 06-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Oh my, Oh my, I may be in trouble!! I wish that I haden't seen that link. I have some real heavy thinking to do in the next 2 days... I really want one, and that one appears to be essentially new. Actually, thanks for the info.....I think!
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,319 Posts

Me too, it's configured just the way I'd choose. It would a brand new shooter. But starting at $1225? The woodwork will probably pop out another if this one goes by.
ithacaartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #5
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

Guys..save your money for a real Luger. These second hand import marked things look cheap with all that junk written all over them. I don't mind replica stuff that's done right but these just scream WHY???? Sort of like today's teenagers with funky tattoos all over..why ruin natural beauty.
Besides the Eagle is washed out like a tattoo on a 60 year old. Was Mauser too cheap to put it on right?
The whole thing burns my eyes.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #6
Michael Zeleny
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

The postwar "Original Mauser" is the only Luger that I ever saw assembled by the factory with a loose sideplate, a part whose fit is critical to the quality of trigger pull and safe operation of the pistol. That, and the voids observed in the castings of its major assemblies, dispelled my interest in this variation.
Unread 06-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #7
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,319 Posts

I noticed that the eagle had virtually no relief and thought it would be best off re-engraved, all crispy, just for fun. But maybe I should go Ron one further and say "Anything later than George Luger's latest prototype is a reproduction."!!! That should do it! I think it's a question of who collects what, and we should all just be happy about it. Slightly different Q.C. and engineering created all these variations, from factory to factory, arsenal to arsenal, and it even seems like minute to minute. I think it's simply where the individual draws the line. Is there a collector on the forum who owns an Airsoft, just for grins and giggles...or modern pictures of Lugers, just because of the gun's lines? Or a little cast Luger, just for the keychain. All perhaps silly stuff to a "real" collector, but then, who gets to define what a collector is? (From M.P & the Holy Grail, "He's, the King, you say? Well, I didn't vote for him!")
The "Original" Mausers, Mitchell/Aimco/Stoeger stuff all help to give a sense of perspective to all the Lugers made up until the end of WWll; and people still want them, for whatever reason. Sure, I might get one to shoot, and hang onto it for that reason, but foremost I would refrain from paying too much

So this gun is overpriced, for me. I've been reading and discussing matters for several months straight. This intense interest alone does not make me expert, only gives me the goal to strive for. Similar postings ask the same question--is it worth what they're asking? The heavy hitters on the forum are a group that know their stuff from their own experience, plus plenty of research--you can tell by how and what they write. What I gather from their consensus is that, "Well, if you're going to buy one of those things, I wouldn't pay any more than $4-800 for it..." And it is the increased risk of owning/collecting something with issues and flaws--in addition to its perceived/judged lack of originality, that is what should keep the prices of these things near the bottom of the ladder until something newer and worse comes along.

A fellow user said here somewhere that everybody with a Luger for sale thinks it is worth a fortune. It is a shame that under-informed individuals and dealers (not to mention the scammers) affect the collecting marker so much. The power that collectors have is to educate the others in the market about Lugers, and to refrain from paying too much for a Luger themselves.
ithacaartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #8
hansfischer007
User

Smile Interarms Mauser

I bought one of the Interarms Mausers couple months ago....6" Barrel.....and I Love it..!.....to me the Eagle and the Mauser logo look good........and it shoots great......a real tack driver..!
hansfischer007 is offline   Reply With Quote