LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Luger Accessories

Unread 06-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
skid
User

Default .22 conversion unit copy

Hello,

I have just aquired a conversion unit. It is marked -HEP NYC by the rear sight. The breech block, sight block & toggles are all marked 63. It is a copy of an ERMA unit. It has a 7.25 " barrel which is marked 22lr & HEP NYC. The magazine has HEP cast into the aluminum base scallops & is different from the ERMA magazine in that the body of the magazine has grooves impressed into it where the follower pin travels & on the opposite side as well. The barrel threads are 3/8-24 sae. The machine work is very good, very professional. Have any of you knowledgable people ever heard of this type conversion or manufacturer?. I would really like to know what I have here.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

The HEP NYC must be importer marks.

I know I am not the only person who would like to see good clear focus photos clsoeup of your conversion unit...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2009, 12:21 AM   #3
skid
User

John,

I would be happy to put up some pictures when I get the opportunity. Things have been a bit hectic for me lately. I see you've been looking for blueprints for conversion units. I just finished making a replacement barrel for my conversion unit. When I bought the unit via gun broker the guy failed to mention the barrel had been severely cross threaded & that someone had done a modification that left the chamber unsupported @ the extractor cut. This caused the cartridge case to burst when firing & popping out the extractor. I made the replacement barrel from an old 10/22 barrel & it seems to work nicely. If you would like, I could probably draw up a print of the barrel I made.

Regards,

Mark
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

A print of the barrel or ANY parts of the .22 conversion unit would be great. What cad software did you use? I have AutoCAD.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote