LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Unit Markings

Unread 10-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
mystical_tutor
User

Default 2 s. U.

I tried to do a search here for this unit marking and went through the post listing but did not see it. If it has already been discussed a link would be appreciated.

DWM 1910
Front grip strap Marked 2 G. U.
Sear safety
Mag safety (what remains of it)

I have been looking through Ed's book (love this book) but have not been able to find it.

Thanks in advance

Gary

Not sure why it comes out with a small s in the title. Tried to change it, ended up with two posts, can't figure out how to delete one.... Sure hope the rest of my day doesn't go like this.

Last edited by mystical_tutor; 10-30-2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Correct the unit marking from S to G
mystical_tutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
mystical_tutor
User

Boy it was a bad day and I sure feel dumb. Finally got a picture of that unit marking and doh.. it is 2 G. U. NOT S.U. Some days it just doesn't pay go get out of bed.

any info on what that unit might be would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1910 Police 2 GU.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	37153  

Unread 10-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts

Garde Ulanen Regiment 2, Stab. Will you post the serial number for my data base?
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

So went from an army unit into a police. Not cancelled, perhaps an NCO or officer took with them after the war. Or was in storage after the war before being taken into police service...
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
mystical_tutor
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
Garde Ulanen Regiment 2, Stab. Will you post the serial number for my data base?
George, I want you to have this number in your data base. I don't post numbers online or (because of recent council) in emails.

Please pm me with your snail mail address and I will send it to you by post. Also let me know what type of number you are interested in and I will send what I have--of course with the request that it is anonymous once you get it.

More than happy to share numbers with collectors and authors.

NOT interested in sharing numbers with entities that monitor this board.

Gary
Unread 10-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical_tutor View Post
More than happy to share numbers with collectors and authors.

NOT interested in sharing numbers with entities that monitor this board.

Gary
Just saw this tag line on another forum and thought it appropriate for your comment above. I hope you can see the humor in it...

You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to John Sabato for your post:
Unread 10-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
mystical_tutor
User

Nice quote actually and time stamped in all likelihood accurate.

What I am banking on is that even though they admit they have everything we have put up on the web for years back, They are relatively unable to properly search and index it. Profileing helps a lot as whole sites can be indexed for a given topic then if that topic becomes important to them for a reason it can be searched in some detail. It is interesting to speculate about what profiles this site would fit.

But no worries. They have publicly stated that the new site in Utah will solve most of this

Also I'm sure France and the other countries that data has been collected from are just paranoid for no reason

Bottom line, I am more than certain that any diligent collector/author will be more than happy to have me pay postage to supply them with information that they want.

And, I hope my efforts at security are all wasted.

Gary
Unread 10-31-2013, 09:10 PM   #8
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

I hope your efforts are wasted too Gary... but if they make you feel better... go for it.

You have the freedom in this country to reveal as little or as much of the details of your identity and feelings as you choose. No one here will ever begrudge you that. Did you notice that I don't use a screen name? many of the long time members here do the same, and even post their actual photograph as an avatar. (Yep, that mug is ME).

I am nothing like the infamous face of the "Affordable Health Care act" website girl who seems to have disappeared... and I would never put anything on this website that would be incriminating, because it would violate my personal ethics to do something or say something that is patently illegal... hence I have no reason to be paranoid.

20 years of active duty with the US Army gave me more than a casual acquaintenceship with the U.S. intelligence community including the NSA, and the good sense to know that we don't have tax dollars available to track the average citizen... That's not to say they wouldn't analyze all communications records that they can to see if a known bad person has been in touch with me, or vice versa. More power to them...

By the way, here is my personal favorite NSA conspiracy leak scenario... Edward Snowden is really a planted intelligence asset whose real mission is to be accepted and trusted by the Russians so they will put him in charge of their government websites so he can infect them with the Obamacare virus.

I am going to bed... you all have a great evening.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to John Sabato for your post:
Unread 10-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #9
NoncomRetired
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sabato View Post

By the way, here is my personal favorite NSA conspiracy leak scenario... Edward Snowden is really a planted intelligence asset whose real mission is to be accepted and trusted by the Russians so they will put him in charge of their government websites so he can infect them with the Obamacare virus.

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NoncomRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to NoncomRetired for your post:
Unread 11-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #10
mystical_tutor
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sabato View Post
Hooah and Pleasant dreams buddy.