LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 10-08-2001, 05:05 PM   #1
CETME
User

Default Help with Luger's

Ive been in love with the luger ever since i was little.... im almost 21 and guess which will be my first sidearm? =) .... all the luger's i have seen have been around 1000 dollars.... is this really the only price im looking at? are there any great lugers for around the $600 price range? can anyone help?

Unread 10-08-2001, 05:43 PM   #2
Thor
User

Default Re: Help with Luger's

There are some terrific shooters going for $500-$600 dollars. I have seen one kick butt shooter for $450. The cheaper ones will have dip bluing, or mismatched parts, or import markings, or any combination of the three, but some have terrific bores and are great accurate shooters. If you want a collection piece, you will pay upwards of $750 unless you are EXTREMELY lucky and the seller is really uniformed! ~Thor~

Unread 10-08-2001, 07:10 PM   #3
Dok
RIP

Have a look in our classifieds. I see Tom Heller (a dealer who posts here frequently) had some shooters for sale ranging from $450 - $650. Check them out.

Dok

Unread 10-08-2001, 07:22 PM   #4
CETME
User

what im looking for is a gun that still can be made to look and function perfectly.... i want a gun that I can keep forever and make it look good (quality reblue if necessary etc.) if parts mismatch, its fine. it will be my first Luger can a gun like that be had for around 600 or less?

Unread 10-09-2001, 09:01 AM   #5
TIMOTHY CANNEY

CTME,

I WOULD CONSIDER A LUGER THAT IS ALL MATCHING AND IN GOOD WORKING ORDER AND NOT WORRY ABOUT FINNISH. MY OPINION IS THAT YOU SHOULD NOT RE-BLUE THE GUN BECAUSE YOU WILL LOOSE THE ORIGINALITY OF THE PIECE. A LUGER IN 80% CAN TELL YOU ALOT OF HISTORY. RE-BLUING WILL NOT INHANCE IT'S VALUE. I HAVE MY FIRST LUGER A 1939 42 CODE WHICH I BOUGHT WITH A PERIOD SHOULDER HOLSTER AND EXTRA CLIP. IT'S IN ABOUT 75-80% CONDITION. I WILL NEVER THINK OF RE-BLUING IT. JUST THINK ABOUT WHERE THAT GUN HAS BEEN! THIS IN MY OPINION IS WHAT LUGER COLLECTING IS ALL ABOUT! ALSO REMEMBER THAT THE PRICES OF LUGERS VARY DEPENDING ON THE AREA OF THE COUNTRY YOU LIVE. I HAVE ATTENDED SHOWS IN SEVERAL DIFFERENT STATES,(BECAUSE WHEN WE ARE ON VACATION, I MAKE MY WIFE STOP AT THEM ALL!). A LUGER IN IOWA SELLS FOR A HIGHER PRICE THAN ONE AT A BIG SHOW IN KANSAS CITY, MO., DUE TO THE FACT THAT THERE ARE FAR LESS FOR SALE. MY ADVICE IS TO READ AS MANY BOOKS ON LUGERS AS YOU CAN, AND SHOP AROUND. THEY MADE MILLIONS OF THESE THINGS(I HAVE TO KEEP REMINDING MYSELF, AS I FIND NEW EXAMPLES FOR SALE) AND ANOTHER ONE WILL COME YOUR WAY. THIS WILL SAVE YOU MONEY AND HEARTBREAK IN THE END.

MY I SUGGUST RALPH SHATTUCK HE HAS LOTS OF LUGERS AT FAIR PRICES, AND HIGHLY VARIED CONDITION AND MODELS. HE WILL NOT STEER YOU WRONG AND HAS BEEN SELLING LUGERS FOR DECADES. HE'S LOCATED IN PEORIA ARIZONA 623 566-0551. IF YOU WANT TO TALK SOME TIME, JUST GIVE ME A SHOUT TCANNEY@ABBE.ORG

TIM CANNEY

Unread 10-09-2001, 09:17 AM   #6
tom h

Cetme, I do still have a good selection of importer marked (under the barrel) P08 shooters, ranging from an all original parts matching (except side plate) BYF/42 @$600 to undated DWM toggled 9mms with several renumbered parts @$450 with several more variations priced between. If you also would perfer a different barrel length, wood grips or original magazines, this can be arranged at additional cost. I also have original Cetme mags for your 308 rifle available for your HK91 clone. Tom h.

Unread 10-09-2001, 04:33 PM   #7
Kyrie
User

Default Re: Help with Lugers

Hi CETME,

Less than $600 for what you want. Iâ??d suggest contacting Ralph Shattuck. Iâ??ve had a couple of very nice shooters from him; one for $375 and one for $424 - both with mint bores. Here is his contact info:

Ralph E. Shattuck

19044 N. 98th Lane

Peoria, AZ 85382

Voice: 602-566-0551

FAX: 602-566-1683

RALPH@WorldOfLugers.com

URL: http://www.worldoflugers.com/

Best regards,

Kyrie